P. O. Box 3079
Job Function: Accounting/Auditing
Job Number: 399607
Johnson Service Group is recruiting an Accounting Clerk for a great client of ours in Sarasota, FL. This is a 6 month contract to hire on site in Sarasota, FL.
- Performs complex clerical and bookkeeping functions to ensure prompt deposit and professional, effective and efficient customer service to the client Business Centers and the general public.
- Performs technical and clerical duties to accurately scan and index financial documents into the imaging/workflow software application with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Additional duties may be assigned as they relate to the Mission of the organization.
- Processes and audits daily Accounts Payable activities.
- Assists in the execution of various County programs.
- Performs administrative functions related to departmental objectives and automated systems.
- Performs technical and clerical duties to accurately scan and index financial documents into the imaging/workflow software application.
- Performs tasks to support customer service and records accessibility.
- Adheres to and follows the principles of the client.
Education: High School diploma, or GED equivalent, required.
Experience: Three years progressively responsible experience in a computerized payables and receivables environment including interpreting and applying contracts, bids, statutes, policies and procedures preferred.
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures ad methods using automated systems.
- Knowledge of accounting, purchasing and payroll processes.
- Knowledge of relevant objectives, practices, policies, procedures, operating rules and regulations, and laws applicable to client.
- Knowledge of research techniques, evaluation methods, and implementation procedures to assist in the formulation of policies for the department.
- Knowledge of automated accounting systems and spreadsheets, word processing, document imaging, graphics and presentation software.
- Ability to interpret and apply laws, rules and regulations
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers
- Ability to effectively utilize professional and technical resources to research issues, conclusions and findings
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, yet function well with independent responsibilities
- Ability to perform large volumes of numerical detail work and produce timely output with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to make mathematical computations and prepare financial and other records in a systematic manner using appropriate spelling and grammar usage
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to formulate recommendations and alternative solutions to problems.
- Ability to communicate ideas, recommendations, and technical information clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to comprehend and follow complex oral and written instructions and interpret technical and legal terminology
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.