Job Function: Accounting/Auditing
Job Number: 398603
Johnson Service Group is seeking an Accounts Receivable Cash Applications Specialist, candidates may apply for a full-time role with the customer while on the assignment. This position will work closely with the Collections Team and contribute to the company achieving its cash collections goals. This position will be the need to perform at a consistently high level and make contributions to improving the processes utilized in the department. This position involves contact with our internal customers. Strong Excel needed (V Look ups and Pivot Tables) SAP or ERP cash application system a plus!
Position starts at $21 per hour.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Support and ensure cash posting to help achieve accurate and timely cash applications (automated and manual)
- Prepare daily balancing, reconciliations, and postings.
- Interface with the Collections Team to ensure timely follow-up on Cash Application issues and respond to their posting inquiries in a timely manner.
- Support monthly A/R close, account reconciliation, and preparation of related audit schedules.
- Assist in the preparation of manual deferred revenue reports.
- Evaluate and assist in improving current systems and processes.
- Prepare various analyses as required.
- Support and maintain cash collections reports as required.
- Participate in quarterly audits.
- Processing of credit or debit memos
- Assisting in banking activity and resultant posting of cash payment
- Understanding and complying with SOX controls
- Hands on ability to step in to manage day to day processes as required.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by manager.
- Ability to work with multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Must be highly organized.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of personnel and internal contacts.
- Possess good customer service and influencing skills and expected to be highly responsive to internal and external customer needs.
- Demonstrated excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and handle frequent interruptions and priority changes.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Excel
- High school diploma/ GED
- Two plus (2+) years of Finance or Accounts Receivable related experience
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- AA degree with Field of Study in Accounting/Finance
- Strong Excel skill set
- Cash Receipts posting automatic processing SAP ensuring the math is correct and addressing any issues. Some Manual Input 60%
- Using Sharepoint and Slack or other IM program
- Beginner is okay needs to know Excel filtering and v lookups.
- Multiple projects using Excel maintaining spreadsheets 40%.
- Excellent attention to detail
- SAP preferred will train if have used another ERP system familiar with cash application task. Utilizing cash application software ERP
- Ability to communicate with all levels
- Very adaptable, can take initiative and can problem solve.
- Office hours: 7:30 a.m. Eastern - 4:30 Eastern some flexibility - No earlier then 7:30.