Job Function: Business Development
Job Number: 398719
JSG is hiring an Aftermarket Business Development Manager for our client in Ogden, UT!
- Responsible for achieving aftermarket service center's financial and customer service goals in coordination with the assigned operating division site(s). This position primary focus is on Commercial applications.
- Acts as primary strategic Product Line focal point for aftermarket services covering a range of products & customers. Initiates and works closely with the division and CSO Segment teams to maximize long term aftermarket revenues and provides short and long-term sales forecasts.
- Provides mentorship and execution guidance to the division customer service Aftermarket Services Manager. Addresses critical longer term customer issues and lead’s project teams to improve short & long-term process results.
- Acts as primary strategic customer contact for aftermarket products and services including product repairs, spares, logistics, contract, and pricing negotiations. Coordinates with technical and segment teams with field performance issues for input on resolution.
- Works closely with CSO, Division business development and CSO Segment Leader’s to maximize aftermarket revenues ensuring alignment with short-and long-term sales forecasts.
- Develops and supports proposals and contracts designed to attract the customer and provide an acceptable level of return to the company by researching customer requirements and translating them into development opportunities. Develops strategies and solutions for contracts opened for re-negotiation during the contract period.
- Conducts competitive research, evaluates sales performance, and formulates goals and milestones for specific products and systems. Applies thorough understanding of the division's technical capabilities, operational capacity, and market information to influence future plans and strategies.
- Serves as the liaison and facilitator with customers, other divisions, and Regional/Group Marketing to resolve issues and assure customer satisfaction with regard to cost, product quality, delivery, and performance. Provides the customer and division(s) with liaison support within and across divisions on existing and new programs. Stays in close contact with division technology and operations teams to enable rapid turnaround solutions.
- Develops and maintains relationships with customers to gain knowledge of future market and customer needs and further develop business opportunities.
- Identifies opportunities for business development by studying competitors' products, problems, market intelligence, and identifying trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing trade and technical publications, establishing professional networks, participating in professional associations, and attending industry trade shows.
- Establishes goals and objectives to carry out programs or functions by coordinating activities across the division. Recommends actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making complex comparative analyses.
- Education and/or Experience Bachelor’s degree (BA) in Marketing, Engineering, or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through eight or more years of increasingly responsible experience, including two or more years of high-level program management or prior direct aerospace marketing experience and well established customer contacts.
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.