Job Number: 381505
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is actively seeking Aircraft Painter's with 2 years of experience for a long-term contract assignment in Savannah, GA. The Painter works under minimum supervision to safely prepare, paint and detail aircraft according to schedule using company quality standards and operating procedures.
Job Duties and Responsibilities of the Aircraft Painter are as follows: Other duties may be assigned
- Safely perform aircraft preparation, painting, and detailing of aircraft under minimal supervision.
- Coordinate with supervision and Inspection to ensure compliance with internal and FAA paperwork, sign-offs and quality specifications.
- Follow standard operating procedures when using tools and equipment such as dual action sanders, hydraulic lift platforms and paint sprayers.
- Properly care for and maintain shop equipment and tools.
- Follow standard operating procedures when using sealants, paint strippers and corrosion-preventive chemicals and use protective equipment as required.
- Comply with safety rules and procedures and be alert for unsafe conditions.
- Address unsafe conditions before putting people or property at risk.
- Use the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
- Assist with aircraft movement in hangars.
- Offer continuous improvement ideas/participate in continuous improvement activities.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma/GED.
- Two (2) years experience in related paint processes. (Aircraft industry experience preferred)
- A working knowledge of paint processes and products (lacquers, enamels, epoxies, urethanes, and acrylics) is necessary.
If Interested, please apply