In your role, you will
• Perform sizing and support analysis activities for design changes, improvements, and new aircraft development programs.
• Support the design process from initial concept through final production, ensuring the aircraft meets or exceeds all technical requirements
• Support different teams to ensure a quality product with supporting documentation are produced.
• Write structural substantiation reports, that meet technical compliance to program, and certifying authority, requirements and guidelines.
• Create new and/or update existing certification DFEMs
As our ideal candidate
• You possess a B.S. in Aerospace, Mechanical or Civil Engineering from an accredited university
• You have a minimum of seven (7) years experience in aircraft structural substantiation analysis
• You have an interest and desire in developing leadership competencies
• You have knowledge of interactions between loads and structures
• You have knowledge and experience of structural sizing methodologies
• You have proficiency in classical analysis methods and FEM based analysis tools (i.e. MSC Patran/Nastran, Altair Hypermesh)
• You have knowledge and experience in Fatigue and Damage Tolerance (F&DT) analysis methods and tools (i.e Nasgro)
• You have an understanding of civil aircraft certification rules and experience in certification procedures
• You have excellent communication and listening skills, and the ability to interface constructively and effectively in a cross functional team environment
• You must have proficiency with all Microsoft Office software applications
• You have proficiency with CATIA V5, Enovia applications – preferred
• You must have the ability to work on complex technical problems and provide solutions in an independent manner
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #D500