Perform assembly, installation, maintenance, layout, repair or modification operations necessary to fabricate, join or otherwise manufacture aircraft lots, line and major assemblies, section and complete aircraft.
Ability to lift, carry and handle objects weighing 25-30 pounds.
Lifting, standing, sitting, stooping, bending, grasping, holding, reaching, pushing and pulling are generally required to perform the functions of this position.
1. Perform a variety of structural assembly and riveting operations involving details, sheet metal parts, extrusions, castings and forgings in the fabrication of minor, sub and major assemblies and components.
2. Perform fitting and rework operations as required to meet production standards.
3. Perform assembly operations with or without the use of production jigs and fixtures when accessibility is not a major problem.
4. Shear, file, tap, ream and drill to close tolerances.
5. Check work for completeness and accuracy.
6. Maintain Quality, Schedule and Cost standards.
7. Work from Blueprints, Work Instructions and Engineering Specifications.
8. Requires little, to no oversight by more supervisory personnel to accomplish elements/tasks and processes within the statement of work. May support leadman activities
9. Capable of teaching and mentoring less experienced mechanics
10. Notify supervision of any/all malfunctions, defect and damages of equipment, material and product.
11. Adhere to all applicable Environmental, Safety, Health, FOD and Operations Procedures/Directives.
12. Perform other duties as required.
13. Strong knowledge of Systems installation, and structural repair
14. Excellent sealant application skills
15. Perform Production Accountability duties associated with the processing, verification, quality auditing, and inspection of assemblies, parts and tooling, for which the individual has been delegated production accountability.
? 6-9 years experience (this requirement may be waived if all skillsets present) and high School Diploma or equivalent
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.