5700 Almaden Expressway
Job Function: Engineering - Civil
Job Number: 398749
Johnson Service Group is looking for an Assistant Engineer to work for one of our Client’s in San Jose. Will work in the Recycled & Purified Water Department. The selected individual will support implementation of the Purified Water Project, which includes the design and construction of a 10 MGD Advanced Water Purification Facility (AWPF).
- Assist with evaluation, technical studies, and piloting of RO Concentrate treatment technologies including nature-based solutions.
- Assist with managing research and special studies projects and field studies pertinent to recycled and purified water, including projects supporting future direct potable reuse, future site permitting, and EIR/CEQA.
- Provide technical assistance to Client’s water reuse outreach team and conduct site tours of Client’s existing Silicon Valley Advanced Water Purification and other recycled water research field sites.
Rate starting at $44.62
- Knowledge of water quality parameters and water/wastewater treatment processes and recycled water production
- Able to work on and develop engineering feasibility studies, and reports.
- Able to communicate clearly in oral and written forms.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering OR Possession of a valid California Engineer-In-Training (EIT) Certification with 2 years of associated paraprofessional engineering experience
- 1+ Years professional engineering experience
- Possess a good driving record and valid CA driver’s license.
- Able to work in the office and field environment.
- Available to work at least 20-30 hours per week (Monday through Friday)
- Can accommodate a hybrid schedule between Client’s headquarters in south San José and working remotely; 60% in office and 40% telework.
- Having good understanding of the permitting and regulatory requirements related to recycled water and water reuse.
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.