Job Number: 382053
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is actively seeking Avionics Technicians with 4 years of experience for a long-term contract in Savannah, GA. The Avionics technician provides technical expertise in testing aircraft systems, troubleshooting and repairing system discrepancies to ensure minimum schedule impact.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates technical skills and expertise in avionics and aircraft systems operational testing and troubleshooting.
- Performs the installation and functionally testing of electrical/avionics components and systems on aircraft per Engineering specifications, drawings and maintenance manuals ensuring a defect free system.
- Troubleshoots processes/concepts to provide timely, quality repairs of malfunctioning systems.
- Efficiently repair or replace defective components and wiring to ensure installations meet conformity.
- Repair techniques using acceptable practices including splicing, soldering and pinning of wiring.
- Performs and complies with engineering changes and modifications as required.
- Tests and maintains test equipment, electronic systems, and components.
- Preferred proficiency in the operation and troubleshooting of other aircraft systems or disciplines other than avionics, such as hydraulics, landing gear, flight controls, environmental controls or structural installations and repairs.
Education and Experience Requirements
High School graduate/GED.
A & P license, FCC license or NCATT certification preferred but NOT Required.
Four (4) years experience in an avionics/electrical career field OR two (2) years of accredited schooling in aviation electronics and two (2) years related experience.
If interested, please apply