Job Function: Business Development
Job Number: 390311
Contract - Avionics / Electronics Systems Engineer - Savannah
FAA Regulated?: No
Pay Rates: ST - 85.00 OT - 128.00 Per Diem - 198.00
Department: J0681-Electronics Systems
Shift: First Number of Openings: 4
- Avionics and/or Electrical system development and integration experience is required.
- Experience with the FAA (14 CFR Part 25) and/or EASA (CS-25) certification is required.
- Experience with Data Concentration Networking and/or Integrated Modular Avionics is preferred.
- Technical supplier management is preferred.
- Understanding of DO-160, DO-178 and DO-254 processes is preferred.
- System integration lab and/or aircraft functional testing and troubleshooting experience is preferred.
- ARP-4754A experience including requirements development, validation and verification is preferred.
- Experience with IBM DOORS or other requirements management database is preferred.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. 5 yrs in specific technical discipline or 10 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors. Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of Gulfstream products and services.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects .
- Provides specialized technical assistance to team members .
- Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems .
- Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives .
- Works under limited supervision; work should only be required. to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives .
- Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area .
- Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements .
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product .
Perform other duties as assigned.
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Advanced degree in engineering related field preferred.
- The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline.