575 Cottonwood Drive
Job Number: 399435
Johnson Service Group is looking for a Business Development Manager for one of our Clients in the Silicon Valley. The Business Development Manager located in the heart of the Silicon Valley, is responsible for identifying, pursuing, and closing significant business for regional and North and Central Americas sites. It is imperative that the candidate work strategically and tactically, technically, and financially, with C-Level and working level to influence the internal and customer organizations. This position is responsible to be the conduit to bring the customer’s requirements and help develop a long-term strategy for success.
- Part of a global team that executes both short- and long-term plans and programs to ensure the profitable growth and expansion of the Company.
- Executes the company’s marketing and sales strategy to gain market share in the U.S. and Central American markets.
- Grow existing profitable accounts and wins profitable new customer relationships in the U.S. marketplace.
- Prepares input for company strategic planning for sales and marketing in the U.S.
- Identifies potential profitable off shoring opportunities.
- Identifies, develops, and connects with customers complete ‘Buying Center’.
- Negotiates terms and conditions for master sales agreements with customers.
- Understands the competitive dynamics in electronic manufacturing services especially in the U.S. marketplace.
- Connect the challenges of the customers with possible Client solutions.
- Develop and execute sales strategies and reviews market analyses to determine customer needs, volume potential, and price schedules.
- Attends regular marketing and sales meetings and strategy sessions to remain informed of external and internal opportunities or threats to sales.
- May represent company at trade association meetings and exhibits to promote Client services.
- Prepares marketing and sales activity reports and others as required.
- Develops and maintains courteous and effective working relationships with clients, partners, vendors, and representatives of external organizations.
- Must communicate information and state problems or challenges to be resolved in a timely, clear, concise, courteous, nondiscriminatory, and professional manner and be able to provide clarification as necessary.
- 5+ years of business development, marketing, and/or sales experience in a PCBA and Mechanical contract manufacturing environment.
- 2+ years’ experience in EMS industrial and Medical Technology sales desired.
- Accustomed to following a defined sales and business development process.
- Possess a BA/BS degree in engineering or business administration or equivalent experience, MBA preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to ‘orchestrate’ and lead internal and external teams.
- Self-motivated with and an entrepreneurial energy.
- Effectively uses CRM as a sales tool and guideline, not a data warehouse.
- Able to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to use common sense to solve practical problems.
- Ability to apply basic concepts of arithmetic.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Understanding of the competitive dynamics in electronic manufacturing and design services process desired.
- Proficient with PC-based software including CRM’s, Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Strong, effective organizational skills required; detail oriented; ability to multitask.
- Experience in and/or the ability to operate while traveling.
- Experience in global companies and solutions desired.
- Ability to read, and interpret engineering information (such as technical drawings, CAD), technical procedures, and various reports.
- Possess a high level of integrity in handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Available to work the days and hours necessary to perform all assigned responsibilities and tasks. Must be available (especially during regular business hours or shifts) to communicate with subordinates, supervisors, customers, vendors, and any other person or organization with whom interaction is required to accomplish work and goals. This may include odd hour teleconferences with global facilities.
- The Business Development Manager is expected to travel to customer sites regularly. There is a potential for international travel to corporate location in Germany or Central America and to customer sites.
Salary starting at $100k DOE
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.