2415 W. Corporate Center Drive
Job Function: Purchasing/Procurement
Job Number: 397836
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is a nationally recognized professional staffing and recruiting firm that is currently looking for a Buyer with 5-10 years’ experience. This is a Direct job opportunity with a Sensors company in Phoenix, AZ.
The Buyer is responsible for the procurement of raw materials, components, assemblies, supplies, and services while adhering to schedules and budgets. Coordinate and support purchasing activities including requests for proposals, purchase orders, receiving discrepancies, invoice discrepancies, supplier development actions, new supplier qualification support, supplier returns, and other supply chain management support as assigned.
Procurement is based on purchase requisition and MRP requirements in accordance with established processes and policies. Work is of a complex nature involving a considerable amount of initiative, analytical work, and a high level of independent judgment.
- Buy the materials and services the company needs at the best price.
- Coordinate with vendors to ensure the company gets the right materials and services on time and at the right price to support budget and maximize profits
- Coordinate with vendors regarding outsourced machining, finishing, and plating processes.
- Ensure that outsourced processes are completed on time and to the company's specifications.
Strategic sourcing & Cost reduction:
- Issue requests for quotes/proposals (RFQ/RFP) to suppliers.
- Issue Purchase Orders for all procured services and items.
- Negotiate blanket purchase orders with suppliers.
- Analyze market trends and identify potential cost savings opportunities.
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies that meet the company's needs.
- Pursue cost reduction initiatives that eliminate adverse Purchase Price Variance (PPV) while maintaining quality and delivery standards.
- Act as a liaison between suppliers and involved departments to resolve procurement-related problems.
- Process non-conforming material requests and RMA requests with supply chain partners.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key suppliers.
- Provide input in the Supplier Development process by evaluating suppliers' performance and communicating with suppliers to facilitate cost, quality, and delivery improvements.
- Communicate with suppliers to ensure that they are aware of their performance and identify any improvement areas.
- Lead or participate in continuous improvement activities within the organization.
Skills and Requirements:
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Applicant must be ITAR compliant
- Must be able to comply with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Be competent in purchasing and materials control services and MRP/ERP systems. This includes ERP/MRP system planning, supplier selection & development, negotiation with suppliers, scheduling, supplier contract management, conflict resolution, and maintaining cost-effective inventory control for all materials.
- Knowledge of Quality Standards: The applicant must have knowledge of quality standards including AS9100, ISO, and NADCAP.
- Must have the basic ability to read and translate blueprints.
- Experience in Kanban & Consignment Inventory Management Processes
- Excellent Communication (Oral and written) and Interpersonal Skills: The ideal applicant should possess exceptional oral and written communication skills and strong interpersonal abilities. They should be able to effectively articulate information and ideas through various means while demonstrating tact and confidence in interactions with individual’s at all internal and external levels.
- Strong Negotiation and Contract Management Skills
- Have an understanding of Purchase Price Variance (PPV).
- Proficient PC Skills in a Windows Environment
- Models and Supports Organization's Goals and Values
- Must be able to adapt to changing conditions and demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles
- Ability to Work Independently in a civil manner
- Be able to use time effectively, prioritize and organize workflow, and orchestrate multiple activities simultaneously.
- Must have solid analytical skills and solution-driven thinking.
- Be able to collect and research data; uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Be a relentless and versatile learner, open to change, and strives for continuous improvement of self and processes.
- Be able to present ideas and information to get others' attention.
- Displays Willingness to Make Decisions
- APICS - CSCP or ISM-CPSM Certification is a plus.