Job Number: 398648
JSG is hiring a Buyer for our client in Simi Valley, CA!
Purchase a group of commodities and services which include items of high technical content and which may be sophisticated in nature. Responsible for purchasing and negotiating materials, equipment, and supplies from vendors. Evaluates vendor quotes and services to determine most desirable suppliers. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals to perform a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. Executes continuous improvement projects for example cost down, quality improvement, supplier consolidation and standardization.
Job Requirements, Capabilities, and Success Factors
- Procures manufactured components, raw material and Aerospace hardware items as required through approved supply sources assuring that the following criteria are met.
- On-Time-Delivery to internal/external customer requirements.
- All engineering and technical criteria is negotiated based on program requirements.
- Blanket and/or long-term agreements developed.
- Adherence to purchasing standard operating procedures and policies.
- Adherence to customer requirements when applicable per contract.
- Generate purchase orders for all outside processing, ensuring accuracy of delivery dates and pricing.
- Source and generate purchase orders for MRO items.
- Assists and/or leads in the identification/development of required suppliers.
- Responsible for OTD of assigned suppliers.
- Responsible for PPV (cost savings) targets.
- Maintain an aggressive follow-up system to ensure schedule compliance.
- Maintains market awareness of changes in prices, trends in supply and demand and report information to purchasing management.
- Maintains a professional, non-personal but positive relationship with suppliers. Develops supplier relationships to enable to be aware of supplier capacity and future capabilities.
- Interfaces with Production, Production Control, Quality Assurance, Finance, Sales, Engineering, Traffic, MIS & Purchasing Management to achieve the smooth flow of goods and services to in order to maintain committed schedules to customers.
Salary: $70K-$80K DOE
- This position requires the applicant to be a US Person with an US permanent residence. A US Person is a US Citizen or Green Card Holder.
- BA Degree in Business, Supply Chain, or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 7-10 years of experience purchasing in a manufacturing environment.
- Flexibility and creativity in developing new methodology and ideas to achieve cost reduction and/or efficiencies in operation.
- Working knowledge of Material Requirements Planning (MRP) in an ERP environment.
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.