2415 W. Corporate Center Drive
Job Function: Quality Control
Job Number: 398218
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is a nationally recognized professional staffing and recruiting firm that is currently looking for a CMM Quality Inspector with 3-5 years’ experience. This is a Temp-Direct job opportunity with an Electronic Sensor company in Phoenix, AZ.
We are currently seeking a skilled and detail-oriented CMM Inspector to join our team as a key member of our quality assurance department. As the CMM Inspector, you will conduct mechanical inspections of parts produced by our machine shop using CMM and Vision systems. Your expertise will ensure that all components meet exact tolerances, engineering-approved sketches, and specifications in compliance with AS9100 and AS9102 aerospace standards. You will utilize advanced inspection equipment, including the Hexagon Tigo CMM and Keyence Optical Comparator, to perform inspections and create new programs for parts and assemblies
- 80% of work: Mechanical Inspection of parts produced by the Machine shop using CMM and Vision systems
- Conducting Acceptable Quality Level (AQL) inspection to exact tolerances, castings, forgings, machined parts, sheet metal parts, and assemblies furnished by vendors or fabricated in-house.
- Inspects machined parts for proper material, processes, completion of operations, workmanship, and conformance to engineering-approved sketches, drawings, and specifications.
- Read and understand engineering drawings and specifications and perform mathematical computations.
- Inspect products using PC-DMIS software using the Hexagon Tigo CMM.
- Works with common geometric features used in blueprints and provides application knowledge of how to inspect for each (roundness, concentricity, flatness, runout, perpendicularity, and parallelism)
- Utilize advanced inspection equipment, including Keyence Optical Comparator, to run existing programs for part inspection and create new programs for parts and assemblies using the Keyence programming software as needed (training will be provided).
- Record data on production documents and ensure all documentation is accurate and complete
- Performs first article inspection IAW AS9102 and First Piece inspection to validate machine setups.
- Inspects functional gages, fixtures, molds, dies, tooling, etc., for conformance to drawings.
- 20% of work: Create new programs using CMM and Vision Equipment
- Developing, editing, and implementing existing programs for moderately complex part applications using PC DMIS software based on 3D solid models and 2D drawings.
- Utilizing the Keyence Optical Comparator to create new programs or update existing programs using the Keyence software module.
- Managing the CMM equipment, including performing preventive maintenance, calibration, and equipment readiness.
- Other Duties
- Prepare and maintain required inspection reports and records.
- Assist in the activities of other inspectors as directed.
- Perform related work requiring equal or lesser skill.
- Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Accomplish inspection-related tasks as directed by the Planners and Supervisors.
- Documenting non-conformances in Discrepancy Reports (DRs).
- Maintaining high-quality standards with minimal discrepant work.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor and/or Quality Manager.
Skills and Requirements:
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Applicant must be ITAR compliant
- Familiarity with AS9100 and AS9102 aerospace standards
- Proficiency in precision measuring equipment (e.g., Calipers, Micrometers, Optical Comparators, etc.)
- Must have a strong understanding of computer operation, trigonometry, and AQL Sampling methodologies
- Strong communication skills in English (written and verbal)
- Ability to use Windows and MS Office (Outlook, Excel, etc.)
- Possess advanced knowledge and application of GD&T principles per ASME Y-14.5.
- CMM experience and the ability to program with PC-DMIS
- The ability to program Keyence optical comparator is a plus
- Required to work to a dimensional tolerance as small as .0002."
- Time management skills
- Adaptability and flexibility to changing situations and new tasks
- Availability to work overtime as needed to support Operations
- Independent problem-solving skills with minimal instruction
- Professional demeanor and teamwork orientation.