25200 W. Rye Canyon Road
Job Function: Operations
Job Number: 398251
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is seeking a talented CMM Operator/Inspector for our global aerospace defense and client.
Scope of Experience and Responsibilities:
- Measure and inspect dimensions of products to verify conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as rulers, calipers, gauges, micrometers, manual CMM.
- Perform visual inspection of parts looking for cleanliness, damage, bent parts and/or missing caps/plugs.
- Analyze and interpret blueprints, routings, evaluation sheets, manuals and other materials to determine specifications, inspection and testing procedures, adjustment and certification methods, formulas, and measuring instruments required.
- Collect and analyze inspection data and make computations as necessary to determine inspection results and perform first article inspections based on work order instructions
- Communicate information to others about project status, updates, specific instructions, etc.
- Inspect manufactured components and maintain inspection files and quality records.
- Document non-conforming material according to procedures.
- Clean and organize the immediate work area.
- Follow all departmental safety rules and regulations.
- Use and put on all appropriate safety equipment, gear, and clothing/protection required by work activities.
Education or Formal Training:
- The ability to read, interpret and use the information presented in drawings, diagrams and blueprints to determine appropriate activities, tools, and next steps in the production process.
- The ability to accomplish a task with concern for all the areas involved, including the ability to notice minute inconsistencies/faults in parts, equipment, or production processes to prevent faulty products leaving the facility.
- The ability to use computer and web-based systems to input, access, modify, or output information.
- The ability to write effectively, to read and understand work documents, to communicate information clearly to coworkers and supervisors, and the ability to listen attentively and comprehend key pieces of spoken information.
- The position requires manual dexterity or the ability to work quickly with hands and strong hand-eye coordination.
- The ability and willingness to demonstrate eagerness, enthusiasm, and optimism for work activities.
- The ability to accurately provide the information requested on specific forms, reports, and logs. This includes generating or transcribing appropriate words, numbers, or symbols to complete written or computerized forms, reports, or logs.
- The ability to interact cooperatively and collaboratively with others as a team.
- The ability to perform simple arithmetic computations including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division correctly, using whole numbers, fractions, decimals, and percentages.
- The ability to provide excellent service to internal customers, including seeking to meet customer needs quickly and effectively.
- The ability to see details (e.g., letters, numbers, codes, color, symbols, marks, labels, signs) clearly to accomplish work tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
May be required to pass Near Vision and/or Color Vision examination.
Duration: 3 - 6 months+
Shift: Day shift
Compensation: $25.00 - $37.00 per hour (DOE)
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.