CNC Automation Technologist
• Tending to a fully automated CNC and robotic manufacturing cell
• Keep all machines fully loaded and running
• Setup of parts and work offsets
• Exchanging fixture elements and workpiece locators
• Performing quality checks
• Clearing machine alarms, troubleshoot and restart machinery
• Identify each operation required to manufacture a part
• Investigate dimensional problems and make process adjustments to correct
• Troubleshooting various PLC controlled machines and robotic processes such as deburring, painting, sandblast, autofrettage, assembly, etc.
• Troubleshooting CNC programs, machine setups and process parameters
• Cross-trained in other departments to support production needs.
Experience and Knowledge Requirements
• Expertise in CNC machining and interpreting G-code programs
• Knowledge of robotics and control systems
• Machining processes including turning and milling and tools associated with those operations
• Machining and use of measurement tools: calipers, micrometers, CMM's.
• Reading and interpreting mechanical drawings
• Software and interfaces to manage and control CNC mill, lathe, or any other machining equipment.
• Ability to troubleshoot equipment, tooling and processes that are used in an automated manufacturing operation
• Mechanical lifting equipment, safe lifting practices and procedures
• Robotics and control systems
• Knowledge of Windows and Office 365 programs such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Previous Experience and Competencies
• Associates Degree in Manufacturing, Engineering, Science, Computing, Mathematics or other relevant technical discipline.
• Candidates without a degree having a minimum of 5 years hands-on CNC machining, cellular or robotic automation experience may be considered.
• Candidate must be able to demonstrate good organizational abilities, technical competency in their previous job roles and good interpersonal skills.
• Candidate should also have knowledge of manufacturing processes and an understanding of ERP software systems. In Schlumberger, candidates must have competency using SAP or MfgPro, GEMS, InTouch and Quest.
• Training from an SLB approved course on mechanical lifting and forklift operation is desired. Suitable candidates who might not possess training certification will still be considered if training can be obtained before or shortly after hiring.