Job Number: 381640
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is actively seeking Cabinet Finishers with 2 years of experience for a long-term contract assignment in Savannah, GA. Under general supervision, prepares, applies, and touches up finish on aircraft furniture, aircraft specifications and design/engineering drawings. Assists lead by overseeing projects and providing guidance, assistance and direction to co-workers. Mentors and trains other Cabinet Finishers.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs complex high quality repairs to finished surfaces of aircraft furniture in the shop and on-board aircraft. Applies finish to furniture using spray equipment and other manual/mechanical methods.
- Interprets material specifications to ensure finished product meets design and engineering requirements with a high level of quality and detail.
- Coordinates with Design group to ensure compliance with customer approved design samples.
- Complies with and champions Safety, 5S and housekeeping.
- Ensures the protection of aircraft interiors (PTP).
- Mentors and trains lesser skilled technicians.
- Works to develop and implement process improvements that address safety, reduce cost, reduce cycle time, and man-hours using Lean Six-Sigma tools.
- Utilizes the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and sign-off work.
- Assists in developing initiatives to meet individual OGSM requirements, as required.
- Possess a working knowledge of Company inspection, process specifications and terminology.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma/GED. Two (2) years of experience in wood finishing processes. Experience in aerospace industry preferred. Advanced knowledge of cabinet finishing processes and products.
If interested, please apply