Job Function: Business Development
Job Number: 396239
Contract -Cabinet Maker II- in GAC Savannah
FAA Regulated?: No
Pay Rate: STR: $25.65 OTR: $34.49
Let your career take flight
Our aircraft are industry leaders and so are our people. We're looking for talented, motivated individuals who are ready to do innovative work, and we offer exciting career opportunities worldwide
Education and Experience Requirements
High School Diploma or GED required. Basic knowledge of cabinetmaking processes, products and tools. Two (2) years experience in cabinetmaking. Experience in aerospace industry preferred. Possess a working knowledge of Gulfstream inspection and process specifications preferred.
Under general supervision, fabricates aircraft furniture and other wood-surfaced subassemblies using aircraft specifications, design and engineering drawings with a high level of safety, quality, detail and productivity. Assists team members with greater experience to enhance techniques supportive of quality workmanship.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works under general supervision to fabricate furniture and other wood-surfaced subassemblies using blueprints, aircraft specifications and design/engineering drawings.
- Assembles, pins and glues cabinet shells. Installs drawer-slides, hinges, latches and other hardware in subassemblies. Applies exterior surface materials such as laminates, veneers, and cap strips.
- Uses various types of stationary and hand-held power tools to fabricate or disassemble furniture.
- Complies with all safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies. Uses personal protective equipment to protect aircraft interior.
- Uses the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
- Works with lead and higher skilled technicians to develop and implement process improvements that increase safety, reduce, cost, cycle time, and man-hours using Lean Six-Sigma and other process improvement techniques. .
Perform other duties as assigned.
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- The ability to read write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift.
- Must be computer literate.