ohnson Service Group (JSG) is a nationally recognized professional staffing and recruiting firm that is currently looking for a Calibration Technician with 2-5 years’ experience. This is a Temp-Direct hire opportunity with an Electronics company in Chatsworth, CA.
Salary: $25.00 HR
Calibration Technician II is responsible for performing calibration on accelerometers, force and pressure sensors. This role calculates and recommends the necessary changes to meet the product specifications in accordance with ISO 17025 and per Manufacturing procedures.
• Calculate the required value of components in order to comply with specifications.
• Work with production assemblers to assign the correct component value.
• Performed all required test per traveler or test instructions such as drop shock, high “g”test, phase response, hermeticity, T.C., sensitivity, bias, etc.
• Trains less experienced technicians
• Interface with supervision and engineering when needed.
• Follow the Organizational chart for all company functions.
• Utilizes standard test equipment such as oscilloscopes, voltmeters, and frequency generators.
• Measures and records data per work instruction requirements.
• Measures and creates calibration certificates on a day to day basis
• Provides daily support to meet the production demand.
• Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
• Assists other Calibration Technicians and other departments, on an as needed basis.
• Performs administrative functions such as sorting, filing, etc.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• AS-AA Electronics degree in electronics from a technical/ vocational school; or 3-5 years of Calibration experience; or any combination of education and experience
• Knowledge of AS9100 and ISO 17025 a plus
• Knowledge of the electronic principals (Ohms Law, Electronic Definitions, Resistance, frequency, period, series, parallel, AC and DC voltages)
• Ability to read and understand engineering assembly drawings and schematics.
• Familiar with standard test equipment such as oscilloscope's, voltmeters and frequency generators
• Must be accurate and organized with high attention to detail
• Good communication, reading, writing and math skills
• Must be a local candidate
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.