3800 179th St.
Job Number: 383673
Johnson Service Group is seeking 1 Construction Coordinator (Electrical Transmission & Distribution) Hammond, IN location and two will work on the eastern side of Indiana South Bend etc. The role will entail planning and coordinating construction activities for a designated project to ensure the goals and objectives of the project are accomplished within the project schedule and budget constraints by performing the duties listed below.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- At all times, provide safety oversight in an effort to ensure compliance with all safety procedures at site. Report safety compliance issues and safety incidents to the construction manager. Work with construction supervision and on-site safety personnel to stop unsafe construction activities.
- Prior to construction, participate in construction activity planning, pre-construction drawing reviews, and overall constructability reviews. Inspect construction site and complete pre-construction checklist tasks. Ensure necessary permits (local, state, environmental, etc.) and site/job specific plans (environmental, safety, etc.) are in place, signed, and posted at the job site.
- During construction, inspect work to ensure that all safety and environmental policies are being followed and that the project is being constructed per the applicable specifications, drawings, and permits. Manage communication with construction crew(s), and the project manager, and engineering to resolve all queries (Requests for Information or RFI’s) that may inhibit construction progress.
- During construction, identify field-purchased material needs and communicate those needs to the Construction Manager in writing. Order materials and rental equipment as necessary and coordinate deliveries. Inventory materials and identify shortages as the project progresses in order to prevent delays in schedule.
- During construction, prepare Daily Log Reports that indicate progression of project to outline deficiencies in schedule, track completed construction activities, highlight safety incidents, and monitor compliance of work with specifications/drawings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or Similar
- 5+ Years Relevant Construction / Maintenance Experience In Lieu of Degree (Experience in Commercial / Industrial T&D or Experience in Management Preferred)
The successful candidate:
- May have a background in structural, mechanical, or electrical (preferred) construction / engineering but must at a minimum be familiar with construction prints/drawings.1
- Must exhibit strong written and verbal communication capabilities.
- Must be competent in basic computer programs. (Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe)
- Must be organized, self-motivated, and detail oriented.
- Must be able to work well in a group setting and manage simultaneous tasks.
- Must be willing to travel as needed. (Travel and lodging costs are reimbursable.) 2
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and personal vehicle to frequent construction sites.2