901 Main Campus Dr
Job Function: Project Management
Job Number: 397772
Johnson Service Group (JSG), a professional recruiting firm is currently seeking a full time, salaried Construction Site Manager for our global client in the energy sector.
***Current project site: Lewiston, Maine | Scope: HVDC | Estimated project length: 2-4 years
The Site Manager is responsible for the successful execution of all activities on the assigned construction site, on-time, within budget, as per Contractual Scope and requirements, maintaining the highest standard of quality and ensuring an incident free construction site and complete adherence by all personnel to the Health, Safety and Environment plans and regulations.
The Site Manager shall have the ability to work with projects of
- <150 site resources on site during peak periods. Medium complexity - Technical, Geographical and Commercial
- Traveling to construction sites and remain until completion of activities.
- Medium exposure to the business and the Customers. Execution parameters that require drive, resilience, decision, focus and resourcefulness.
- Serves, on the construction site, as the main interface to the customer on all contractual matters. Has authority over subcontractors and site personnel. Manages manpower requirements on site. Drives the site activities to achieve the contractual targets. Ensures that all personnel on site are well informed about the Scope of Work (SoW) and Division of Work (DoW).
- Manages Change Management on site, including variation orders to subcontractors.
- Warrants that all tests are performed and accepted by the customer according to contractual conditions. Ensures that all activities are done with the expected quality and that all quality records are created and properly archived.
- Maintains a good relationship with local authorities and organizations. Ensures that all permits, licenses, and requirements are in place for a compliant execution of the site activities. Ensures structured, up-to-date, and reliable documentation handling on site. Ensures that the work is performed according to the latest approved processes, instructions, and guidelines.
- Guarantees that all activities are performed within the defined contractual schedules and milestones. Understand the project budget and ensures that costs for the site activities are maintained within budget. Maintains reliable cost forecasts and estimate at completion figures.
- Ensures that contractual obligations are met and to the satisfaction of our customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or equivalent.
- Willingness to relocate worldwide for the duration of the project wherever the construction site is located
- Minimum three years’ experience as Site Manager on construction projects with a medium level of complexity.
- Experience with HVDC Converter Stations is a plus
- Experience in Civil Works, Installation and/or Commissioning activities
- Recognized Health, Environment and Safety certifications and training. IOSH or NEBOSH preferred.
- Driven, structured, able to work and lead teams, goal oriented, eager to learn from experiences and adapt as may be required, able to easily gain and maintain trust and respect from employees and peers, able to work under stress conditions.
- Candidate must be fluent in English.
- Candidate must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work in the United States.
- Accommodations are covered by the employer.
- Salary + bonus + per diem (no out of pocket expenses)
- Highly competitive benefits + unlimited PTO
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.