Job Function: Quality Control
Job Number: 400579
Johnson Service Group, a nationally recognized recruiting firm is seeking a Construction Site Quality Specialist to support our global renewable energy client for a large scale project in New Mexico.
Summary: Responsible for planning, organizing, leading, and monitoring all quality work during site execution to ensure customer expectations are met. This includes internal work in addition to work performed by partners as required for the project. The Site Quality Specialist reports functionally to the Quality & CI Manager for Site Quality. During site execution the Site Quality Specialist reports operationally to the Site Manager.
- Review contractual and local requirements applicable to site quality. Review lessons learnt from previous projects and relevant project plans (e.g., SQP, SMP).
- Review Contractor Quality Plans to ensure alignment with the Project Quality Plans and the customer requirements. Based on reviews and discussion with stakeholders identify and follow up on risks and mitigations.
- Set up and educate site personnel in the quality management system including the completion system at site and ensure it is compliant with any regulatory and PG requirements as well as any applicable codes & standards.
- Execute and follows up the Quality Plans, master test plan and completion system status for site activities as required.
- Review quality documentations for correctness and completeness prior to approval (e.g., test certificates, checklist, etc.). Ensure that the quality control plans (ITP, ITR etc.) and any erection documentation (isometrics, procedures, etc.) provided are effectively communicated to the site management team.
- Ensure that Quality Control processes are fully implemented and continuously monitored. Ensure that inspection / testing during Civil, Mechanical & Electrical erection and Commissioning are conducted, documented, checked, and validated as per the quality control system.
- Organize and supervise acceptance testing and/or approval by customers, third parties and governmental authorities whenever required at site. Ensure that the completion system, deviation, NCR (Non-Conformance Report) System, CCRP system and any other Quality tools are fully deployed at site and that the users are adequately trained.
- Ensure that all testing and measurement equipment used at site are listed and calibrated and that the associated calibration certificates are available. Follow up completion system at site having an overview of status regarding inspections, certifications and all outstanding works including punch list.
- Provide Quality related site KPIs to the stakeholders whenever required. Coordinate, follow-up, and lead site inspections and support the management of punch-out items. Provide Quality inputs to the site management to support on-time and in-budget execution of the project.
- Perform site quality inspection of goods coming to site and report any deviations according to the project regulations.
- Participate in internal and contractor quality audits as per the Site Quality audit program. Assist and coordinate any planned external site related audits. Monitor contractor compliance with Quality requirements and implement corrective actions whenever required.
- Bachelor's degree in technical, engineering, quality management and 5+ years of construction quality site experience OR High School Diploma and 9+ years of construction quality site experience.
- Candidate must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for our client in the United States.
- Power or energy industry experience highly advantageous. Track record and proven capability in Change Management, managing internal project/program in large and complex organization.
- Test coordination experience is required. ISO9001 knowledge is required. Certified auditor is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience on construction codes / standards.
- Computer skills and knowledge of completion systems.
- English fluency (written + spoken).
- This is a salaried/exempt position. Eligible for bonus, OT, daily meal allowance, paid accommodations, etc.
- Initial Site: New Mexico (2 year project) with relocation elsewhere once project is completed.
- Highly competitive benefits and stable industry!
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.