Under Direct Supervision, using independent judgment within established practices and guidelines, by Management of Client or its subsidiaries (indicated as “the Company”), the purpose of this position is to provide the essential administrative and technical knowledge and direction for the job functions listed below with the objective of ensuring client's competitiveness within the global marketplace by delivering quality services of unmatched value.
Primary Job Duties/Functions:
1. Serves as Lead or Area Lead on assigned projects or moderately complex engineering assignments and develops the most cost-effective total project solution for execution of the discipline engineering work. Lead duties include but are not limited to: develops and updates job plans, supports proposal and estimate activities, develops and reviews specifications including design criteria, develops and monitors schedules, develops and monitors manpower estimate forecasts, assigns work to teams, monitors material estimates and quantities, interfaces with project disciplines/client representatives/construction, participates in equipment and material procurement activities, permitting activities and subcontracting activities
2. Performs and checks calculations, specifies equipment, and solves problems of moderate engineering complexity
3. Reviews specifications, drawings, and vendor equipment documentation from both within the discipline as well as from other disciplines for compliance with project requirements and actively seeks resolution
4. Assists in the performance of audits
5. Ensures adherence to Industry codes and standards as well as department practices and procedures
6. Participates in people development through mentoring, development of training material, and conducting of training seminars
7. Focuses on performance appraisal input and counseling
8. Develops and builds client relations
9. Provides close interface with, and promotes the understanding of, other discipline functions
Secondary Job Duties/Functions:
1. Supports the Global Excellence Leader and Department Manager on initiatives
2. Assists in the development of department standards, procedures, practices, and guidelines
3. Assists with company functions outside the department
4. Travels to ensure successful execution of Project or Department goals
Basic Job Requirements:
• Accredited four (4) year degree or global equivalent in engineering field of study and eight (8) years of work-related experience; a recognized professional certification or registration in the applicable field, if required; some locations may have additional or different qualifications in order to comply with local requirements
• Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors
• Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
• Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
• Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
Other Job Requirements:
Experience with instrumentation specification and logic related activities
1. Intermediate computer and software skills to include the use of word processing and email as well as the intermediate use of spreadsheets.
2. The use of Discipline Specific software may be required.
3. Professional Registration preferred
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.