1415 Marlton Pike (Rte. 70 east) , Suite 602
Job Function: Accounting/Auditing
Job Number: 399696
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is currently looking for a Controller with the ability to oversee Financial, Administrative, Human Resources and Operational aspects of a business. This is a direct hire opportunity with an Engineering and Design Services organization in the Cherry Hill NJ area.
Pay between $90K & $120K
Project and Company Performance
- Oversee day-to-day QuickBooks booking keeping.
- Cash management including optimizing the checkbook, payroll accounts and CDs.
- Oversee and manage ADP payroll service provider.
- Oversee billings and expense reports.
- Manage and optimize Accounts Payables and Accounts Receivables.
- Create and maintain an overhead budget for the back office.
- Interface with outside CPA to ensure compliance with state and federal revenue policies.
- Develop capital budgets for office equipment, office servers, employee computers, software, and furniture.
Office Operations Management
- Track and manage billings and charges for fixed price projects and report out weekly project charges and time for entry into Quick Books.
- Prepare and maintain cash flow analysis of major fixed priced projects.
- Calculate company utilization for engineers and designers and report out monthly.
- Monitor actual performance against the company model/targets and report out monthly.
- Oversee day-to-day office operations, including organizing and managing office supplies, equipment, and facilities.
- Take ownership of insurance – medical, disability, general liability, and professional liability.
- Manage the procurement process for office supplies, equipment, and services required for engineering projects.
- Support the recruitment process for engineering positions, from posting job vacancies to coordinating interviews.
- Act as a point of contact for employees’ concerns, providing guidance and support on various HR-related issues.
- Manage and oversee the employee review process.
- Identify employee training needs and coordinate delivery of relevant programs.
- Oversee the 401(k) plan for meeting the needs of the employees and regulatory compliance.
- Ensure compliance with client and company policies and regulations, including health and safety guidelines, DISA, training and TWIC renewals, and drug testing notifications.
- Provide administrative assistance to engineering teams and senior management, such as scheduling meetings, handling correspondence, managing calendars, and providing food and for lunch and learns.
- Coordinate travel arrangements and accommodation for team members and visitors when necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Engineering Management, or related field is preferred.
- Five plus years of previous experience in accounting, office management or administration, preferably in an engineering or technical environment.
- Proficiency in using MicroSoft Office Suite, QuickBooks, project management tools, and other relevant applications.
- Experience with ADP payroll services and reporting functions.
Johnson Service Group, Inc. (JSG) is a North American leader in the staffing and consulting services industry, with over 35 years of experience investing in people and companies.
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.