700 Science Dr.
Job Function: Consumer Goods
Job Number: 399638
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is a nationally recognized professional staffing and recruiting firm that is currently looking for a Cosmetic Inspector with 1-5 years’ experience. This is a Temp- Direct hire opportunity with a Cosmetic Company in Moorpark, CA.
Salary: $22.00 HR
Incoming Inspector performs independent inspection functions to verify the quality and accuracy of all incoming components.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Incoming Inspector’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform sampling, approval and release of incoming components which includes shippers, labels, caps, bottles, shrink wrap etc.
- Issue and apply release stickers on approved components and document necessary information accurately and completely in a timely manner.
- Manage component retains and standards.
- Maintain an awareness of current Good[RF1] Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Good Laboratory Practices (GLP), good housekeeping and safety in the laboratory.
- Communicate any discrepancies and OOS’s with Quality Manager and/or Director of Quality, assist and/or issue OOS investigations, deviations and issue non-conformance material reports (NCMR) per established Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Conduct dimensional analysis, tape tests for screened tubes & bottles, fit & function, corona treatment verification for plastic containers etc.
- Maintain label room including issuance of labels for production use.
- Maintain record of temperature and humidity charts in Label Room, Pre-weigh and Warehouse areas.
- Maintain records/documentation in accordance with internal procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in quality. Experience in the cosmetic/pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) is required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Quality Control/Assurance knowledge in a cGMP environment is required.
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and manage time well.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions.
- Motivated and works well with others.