55 Albrecht Dr.
Job Function: Operations
Job Number: 399355
JSG Is seeking a Distribution Site Leader for one of our top clients in the north suburbs of Chicago
The Distribution Site Leader will be overseeing the Distribution Center. This individual will be tasked with ensuring productivity is maintained, orders are processed accurately and on schedule, assist with labor planning, and provide guidance and leadership to distribution center employees. The Distribution Site Leader will report to the Vice President of Distribution. This individual will need to be flexible with overtime as required.
- Site level responsibility
- Inventory management, receiving, put away, picking, packing, shipping, returns product and some light assembly operations
- Leading a team of 50 – 75 people
- Lead and develop warehouse team to deliver unparalleled customer service
- Maintain safety and high levels of accuracy in daily operations
- Maintain a clean and organized operating environment
- Core areas:
- Drive employee safety and engagement.
- Meet customer requirements and exceed customer expectations
- Be passionate about order accuracy and compliance to customer requirements
- Ensure accurate inventory
- Manage labor expense, inventory, equipment & supplies, and customer fine prevention
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain, or Logistics or equivalent experience.
- 7 years of operations experience in a distribution center with progressive responsibilities
- 3 years leadership with a demonstrated ability to coach and mentor others, enabling personnel development and reliable and accurate execution
- Warehouse equipment experience a plus
- Systems – Experience with ERP, Infor M3 a plus and a WMS and TMS required
- Utilization of standard processes & metrics is required.
- Structured problem solving – Lean, Six Sigma / DMAIC, Root Cause Analysis and related counter measures.
- Transformative Leadership – collaborative, inclusive and engaging while instilling a culture of accountability.
- Process & Metric oriented – strive to develop structure for consistency and optimization through the use and audit of process standards while also utilizing metrics to demonstrate effectiveness.
- Lean & Continuous Improvement mindset to enable greater customer service and reduced waste.
- Capacity planning and workflow management.
- Plan and management labor with demonstrated ability to sustain and improve productivity.
- Plan budgets. Manage costs.
- Passion for facility organization / housekeeping to enable a safe and productive work environment.
- Collaborative – working with internal and external individuals, departments, and companies
- Bilingual – English and Spanish
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.