Job Function: Engineering - Civil
Job Number: 398012
JSG Professional Services is looking for a Drainage Engineer – Bridge Construction, for a permanent role in Detroit, Michigan.
Support the construction efforts by providing technical support to craft and supervision as well as helping to satisfy quality requirements on the project. Initiate action when necessary to ensure the project is being built as specified in the scope of work.
- Evaluate, select, and apply standard construction engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria, using solid engineering judgment in making decisions
- Supervise or coordinate the work of engineers, technicians, and other personnel who provide assistance on specific assignments
- Coordinate the completion of construction activities in assigned systems and prepares punch lists to ensure the readiness of systems for release for turnover to the client or for start up
- Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
- Other duties as assigned
- Accredited four (4) year degree or global equivalent in engineering field of study and seven (7) years of work-related experience; a recognized certification or registration in the applicable field, if required; some locations may have additional or different qualifications in order to comply with local requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors
- Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
- Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
- Engineers with wet utilities (residential- shallow diameter, water main, sanitary), deep utilities (heavy infrastructure)