OVERVIEW: JSG is looking for a self-starter to work with a talented and dynamic technical team on the design, test, integration, deployment, and operation of spaceflight avionics and electrical hardware systems. The qualified candidate will play a vital role in the success of advanced avionics hardware on programs such as the Bishop commercial airlock, internal ISS rack payloads and Nanolabs, external ISS payloads and platforms, satellite deployers, Outpost, Advanced Concepts and other revolutionary aerospace systems.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Design and develop space qualified electronics, including power supplies and power distribution systems, command and data handling systems, electromagnetic filters, sensors, integrated flight computers, electrical cables and harnesses, and other digital and analog circuits.
• Use digital multi-meters, oscilloscopes, waveform/function generators, spectrum analyzers, logic analyzers, simulators, power switches, electronic load banks, break-out-boxes, and associated test and measurement equipment to conduct avionics and electrical development and troubleshooting.
• Conduct PCB design, including schematic drawing, layout and routing, symbol and footprint creation, and generation of fabrication files and assembly drawings.
• Write technical documents such as assembly instructions, test procedures, interface requirements, and test and analysis reports.
• Perform qualification and acceptance testing on batteries, capacitors, containment vessels, and other safety critical flight hardware.
• Review payload designs and provide feedback to payload developers to ensure compatibility and compliance with our client and NASA requirements.
• Support proposal efforts, provide solutions for proposal challenges, communicate, and document technical approaches, and provide inputs to cost and schedule estimates.
• Provide regular status reports and updates to Engineering management and Program/Project managers. Maintain inventory and traceability controls for avionics components, sub-components, systems, lab tools, test equipment, and electrical systems.
• Prioritize workload to insure timely development, test and delivery of flight and non-flight (ground system) hardware.
• Collaborate with other engineering disciplines, Quality Assurance, Flight Operations, Systems Verifications, and Safety throughout the development, manufacturing, inspection, testing, and qualification process for hardware.
• Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering or related technical field.
• Master of Science degree in engineering or science discipline (preferred, not required).
• 5+ years of applicable experience in space flight hardware development and testing.
• Experience in environmental testing of spaceflight hardware, including EMI/EMC, Vibration, Acoustics, Thermal, Vacuum, and other related testing.
• Experience developing embedded systems.
• Experience in fabrication, manufacturing, and assembly of spaceflight hardware.
• Working knowledge of CAN Bus, USB, DIO, RS-232/422, Ethernet, MIL-1553, and other communication interfaces and protocols.
• PCB design, fabrication, and assembly experience (experience with Altium Designer preferred).
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office
EEO STATEMENT: It is our policy to select, place, train and promote the most qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work quality, attitude and experience so as to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees in compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws and without regard to non-work related factors such as race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran stats, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, genetic information, or other protected status. When applicable, our policy of non-discrimination applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, placement, lay-off, compensation, termination, reduction in force and benefits. To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. The statements contained in this job description are intended to describe the general content and requirements for performance of this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities, and requirements. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of this job description at any time without prior notice.
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.