227 South Jefferson Ave.
Job Function: Engineering - Electrical
Job Number: 383490
Johnson Service Group is currently searching for an Electrical Designer Electrical Distribution Design for a client in St. Louis, MO.
Electrical Designer - Electrical distribution design experience
Must possess extensive knowledge of Electrical Design distribution for transmission line design,
Education / Experience - Transmission Line Designer
Knowledge and demonstrated experience in transmission line design, along with experience.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in actual hands on design work
- Must have AutoCAD
- Experience in preparing cost effective designs
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of transmission engineering, including routing issues, conductor selection, structure determination, plan and profile development, material takeoffs, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of substation structures, foundations, and site development issues
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering standards including NESC, IEEE, ASCE, ACI and ANSI that apply to transmission design
- Extensive knowledge of design documents and drawings necessary for a complete a project
Duties & Responsibilities -
Employee may be called upon to perform any or all of the following functions:
- Generate cost effective designs for high voltage electrical transmission lines
- Represent the Engineering department and participate in inter-department meetings
- Attend meetings with customers as needed to support the Sales department and the engineers
- Monitor team progress and activities to ensure projects remain on schedule, within budget and exceed customer expectations
- Able to perform transmission line engineering work independently.
- Balance innovation and standardization of work processes