500 Waterfront Drive
Job Function: Engineering
Job Number: 398760
Johnson Service Group, Inc., is actively seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer to join our team and support the development of the electrical infrastructure and controls systems that govern our chemical manufacturing process.
This person will design electrical plans for our facilities within the U.S.
This role will be responsible for all Low Voltage systems in the facility (480VAC and below).
- Develop electrical infrastructure for the Atlanta facility.
- Work with 3rd party engineering firms to develop electrical plans for global facility network.
- Develop electrical standards and procedures for Global Engineering
- Oversee priorities within the Electrical Engineering group which include logic, controls, and instrumentation.
- Provide day to day support to troubleshoot electrical and controls problems at the Atlanta facility, including 24/7 coverage as needed during plant turnarounds and new project startups.
- Experience in continuous process manufacturing in all the following project phases: Requirement’s documentation, detailed design generation, implementation, system integration, testing and on-site startup, using PSM (Process Safety Management) elements and Industrial standards.
- Provide training to the maintenance department on changes or new installations of electrical equipment.
- Manage relationships with electrical suppliers and local utility providers as necessary. Develop compliance standards to ensure standardization across multiple facilities. Develop maintenance procedures for electrical and control systems.
- Designed and specify 480V distribution infrastructure, motor control centers, VFD panels, PLC panels, RIO panels, and other control panels.
- Participate in the review of Management of Changes, PHA Action Requests, Construction Information Requests, and Change Order Requests.
- Assist with local, state, and federal permitting applications.
- Potential to travel to other locations as required (~10%)
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years previous experience developing electrical infrastructure for a petrochemical and manufacturing facility.
- 3+ years managing engineering team.
- Experience with applicable NEC, European, Other Countries code UOP standards for electrical equipment.
- Experience with Profibus/ProfiNet and Ethernet/IP systems
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.