23563 W. Main St.
Job Function: Engineering - Electrical
Job Number: 388614
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is a nationally recognized Professional Staffing and Recruiting firm that is currently looking for an Electrical Engineer. This is a great opportunity with an engineering firm out in the western suburbs of Chicago.
- Provide process electrical design and documentation for equipment/systems
- Generate electrical specifications and supporting documents
- Prepare low and medium voltage motor data sheets to meet site specifications
- Prepare motor load lists
- Design power distribution and motor control for medium voltage and low voltage equipment
- Design and size cabling for power and instrumentation, including generating cable list
- Design and size cable tray systems, including fill calculations
- Review P&IDs, instrument and control system design and recommend changes as needed.
- Design Lighting calculations and layouts
- Design grounding layouts and details
- Prepare electrical RFQ packages for purchasing to submit to vendors
- Evaluate vendor quotations & recommend electrical equipment and motors for purchase
- Review vendor documentation, specifications, and drawings after purchase
- Participate in department and project team meetings
- Recommend modifications to departmental documentation (equipment specifications, installation details, lists, etc.) as needed
- Prepare/Assist with preparation of programming control philosophy documentation for programming of system.
- Review electrical, instrumentation, controls, and project engineering work as directed by manager
- Inspect vendor supplied equipment to confirm adherence to the design as defined in specifications prior to shipping
- Provide onsite electrical assistance to support project construction
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited school required.
- 5-10 years of previous experience preferred.
- PE license preferred.
- Efficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.) is required.
- Experience MS Project is preferred
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.