Job Function: Engineering
Job Number: 398892
JSG is hiring an Engineer - NDT III for our client Airway Heights, WA!
Relocation assistance is available for the right candidate.
1st Shift - Monday through Friday (6:00AM - 2:30PM)
Develop processes, procedures, and training plans for non-destructive testing per industry standards and customer requirements. Evaluate and certify personnel who perform non-destructive testing on a variety of sheet metal aircraft components.
- Review, organize, prepare for processing, and file accounting documents.
- Establish training and testing programs which meet NAS410 and customer-specific requirements for all NDT Tech functions.
- Train and evaluate abilities of NDT personnel to process complex parts and interpret findings in accordance with Exotic and customer specifications and requirements.
- Apply expert knowledge to evaluate NDT methods and techniques. Utilize judgement to propose solutions to problems impacting effectiveness and productivity.
- Possess knowledge of Exotic manufacturing and NDT processes to be able to anticipate problems and to implement effective and productive inspection techniques.
- Conduct audits of NDT procedures and processes, and interface with customers as the primary contact to provide the necessary objective evidence to substantiate approval to requirements.
- Maintain NDT systems in compliance with customer, aerospace industry and regulatory requirements. Monitor performance and effectiveness of NDT systems and personnel.
- Create and approve NDT System documentation.
- Train and certify all skill levels of NDT inspection.
- Program and approve all Digital X-Ray systems.
- Assess equipment needs and enhancements to ensure robustness of NDT inspection systems.
- Monitor NDT processes and drive continuous improvement activities while verifying all Customer specifications are met.
- Responsible for auditing technical performance of personnel performing all NDT functions.
- Perform all work in accordance with established standards and safety procedures.
- Fully proficient in interpreting manufacturing planning, sketches, blueprints, and specifications, including views, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T), symbols, and revision control.
- Few limitations but knows what they are and stops and finds appropriate interpretation when necessary.
- Create, evaluate, and approve technique sheets used in the FPI, Radiographic and Digital X-Ray Inspection process.
- Maintain customer approval for all NDT Level 3 activities. Meet requirements as specified in NAS410 for training, education, and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Experience in supporting Training/Certification of personnel in NDT role
- Demonstrated experience and effectiveness in interfacing with customers, auditors, internal leaders.
- Maintain NAS 410 Level 2 and 3 certifications in FPI, Radiographic and Digital X-Ray Inspection.
- Knowledge of math as required for system checks and monitoring, and familiarity with precision measurement equipment.
- Capable of inspecting complex or custom parts in all NDT work centers.
- Ability to effectively interface and provide feedback to Quality Engineering, Design Engineering, and Manufacturing personnel.
- General knowledge of welding and forming processes
- Experience in troubleshooting and maintaining digital x-ray equipment.
- Experience in preparing for and supporting Nadcap & customer audits.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing/updating internal process procedures.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in Project Management.
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.