5005 E McDowell Rd.
Job Function: Project Management
Job Number: 397595
Johnson Service Group is looking for a Engineering Product Owner (EPO) for one of our Clients in Scottsdale, AZ. This person will assess decisions made at any layer of the ecosystem and identify or anticipate the ramifications of such decisions to the rest of the ecosystem. One must be comfortable working with and challenging subject matter experts and technologists to think beyond what is practical to test the boundaries of implementation decisions. The strategic markets served by this role are Automotive EV Traction and Industrial Energy Infrastructure.
- Lead and fully vet engineering decisions across a vertically integrated ecosystem. Should be familiar with creating product requirements documents, semiconductor process selections, system level modeling, identifying IP requirements, estimating solution size & costs for die and modules.
- Lead subject matter experts across multiple engineering disciplines. Expected to lead the team to deliver accurate device lifetime modeling, electrical, mechanical, 3D modeling and failure mode analysis. In addition, the EPO will lead all design reviews and resolve all findings; lead the creation of acceptance procedures and validation plans; and lead the resolution and documentation of all technical issues through design, validation qualification and production release.
- Challenge all product development schedules and assure cross-ecosystem alignment
- Partner with Product Line Manager to ensure business case aligns with Customers’ and Executive Management expectations. will work with technology development to define a look ahead reliability plans; ensure all deliverables and milestones are properly scoped with clearly defined outcomes; effectively disposition unplanned events to achieve the planned cycle time for key deliverables; vet the impact of any development change (outcome, requirement, or schedule) across the ecosystem and course correct as necessary. Identify and maintain tooling, capex and yield costs models for die, package, and module solutions.
- Own engineering execution across the ecosystem
- Lead alignment with manufacturing to guarantee a successful production release
Rate starting at $190k
- Master’s degree in physics, electrical or electronics engineering
- 20+ years of experience in semiconductor power module new products development
- Strong knowledge and experience in power module modeling and simulation tools
- Leadership capability to influence teams and be able to get things done globally across functional organizations
- Oral & written English language proficiency is a must and ability to represent engineering activities to executive leadership
- Ability to multitask & be self-driven to produce results in a timely fashion with strong sense of urgency
- Able to travel and attend evening meeting calls
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.