5700 Almaden Expressway
Job Function: Technician/Technologist
Job Number: 399321
Johnson Service Group is looking for an Engineering Tech for one of our Clients in San Jose. This can be either a Level I or Level II position. This person would provide necessary support to the Project Manager on the Flood Protection Project (FPP). Candidate should have knowledge and experience using GIS, AutoCAD/Civil 3D, HEC-RAS, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Assist with engineering tasks for final construction documents (PS&E), providing QA/QC of construction documents, value engineering, real estate acquisition (TCE’s), permitting, CPRU coordination (Google and others), advertisement/bid for construction, and construction administration support for the FPP.
- Perform a variety of technical duties in preparing, presenting, creating, and updating engineering and technical drawings, maps, graphics, visual aids, and presentation materials.
- Prepare, create, update, and review technical maps, drawings, visual aids, graphic presentations, drafting materials, and other items as needed for various engineering, land development, and construction projects; amend or revise drawings during design and construction phases; prepare as-built drawings.
- Research, collect, and analyze documentation concerning the location, dimensions, areas, quantity calculations, alignment and control generation, and other technical data from public records, title reports, survey notes, aerial images, photographs, and format data for presentation materials and graphic displays.
- Assist in the preparation and acquisition of permits and agreements required by federal, state, and local public agencies.
- Utilize CADD, GPS and GIS software to produce maps, drawings, and other technical documents; provide assistance to staff using engineering or graphic design hardware and software applications.
- Candidate should have knowledge and experience using GIS, AutoCAD/Civil 3D, HEC-RAS, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- A plus if candidates have completed formal AutoCAD/Civil 3D training.
- Ability to research, collect, and analyze documentation and related technical data.
- Able to perform property research activities, including boundary determination and land title examination.
- Able to prepare engineering maps, drawings, diagrams, and other technical documents and materials.
- Candidate should have knowledge and familiarity with preparing final construction documents (PS&E), design reports, technical memos, and preparing environmental/regulatory permits.
- From 1 to 2+ years of responsible technical engineering support experience.
- Equivalent to completion of the twelfth grade supplemented by twelve (12) college semester units in engineering, geography, mathematics, or a related field.
Rate starting at 32.00/hr DOE
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.