Job Title: Facility Administrator I (Internal Maintenance)
Contract Duration: 1-year to start, strong potential for extension.
Location: Edmonton, AB – located between 3 office spaces, travel required.
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 100% in office, 40/hrs. per week. 7:30 am - 4:00 pm with potential for occasional overtime due to business needs.
The client’s workplace services internal maintenance position delivers safe efficient service to internal clients in the Edmonton buildings.
• Has a professional approach with the client’s team, this position is an extension of the WPS team.
• The maintenance person must be familiar with REWS space standards, furniture, and safety.
• The maintenance person should be familiar with Teknion, Ergo centric, Herman Miller, and Knoll products.
• Performs furniture and maintenance to control costs and reliance on external service providers.
• Maintenance in common areas is an important, as well as implementing processes such as regular audits of the standards for furniture, repairs, and maintenance.
• Uses provided maintenance checklists and schedules preventative maintenance to reduce service calls.
• The maintenance person ensures requests are being handled appropriately without needing to double check work being done, and/or being done correctly.
This is a support role for 3 of the client’s office locations within Edmonton and the surrounding areas; the individual will perform the following duties:
1. Conduct weekly moves within the client’s central offices and coordinate moves to and from 3 separate office spaces.
- Pre – move audit using a checklist.
- Moves- Provide bins for packing, moves chair, nametag and picks up bins after the move is complete
- Post- move audit of spaces.
- Submit tickets through building request system, fixes chairs and consoles.
- Name tags to be interofficed to admin when required.
2. Completes checklists for off boards via Service Now tickets.
- Contacting requester via email for items left behind.
- Check space for furniture keys, hangers, chair.
- Arrange for cleaning of space through the building cleaners.
3. Completes checklists for onboards via Service Now tickets
- Check space for chair, hangers, furniture keys.
- Arrange for cleaning of space through the building cleaners
4. Install DIRTT accessories
- Paper rail, picture hangers, coat hangers
- Hang personal framed items,
- Swap DIRTT panels for whiteboards (WPS approval) as per Service Now.
5. Initial assessment of any Repair and Maintenance with regards to office space
- Includes doors, furniture, fixtures, equipment appliances, lights, etc.
- Repairing flooring, replacing bulbs in desks and special lighting on floors, adjusting doors and handles, faucets or calling in the vendor to make the repair or replacement is done
- Repairing and painting walls in all areas as needed
- Maintain and order misc. equipment and supplies as required
6. New floor setups
- Installing signage, first aid kits, AED's and other tasks as per new floor checklist
7. Monthly Fire extinguisher checks in all of the client’s office spaces and coordinate yearly inspections with vendor
8. Assistance with end of lease or construction of a floor in preparation as per checklist
9. Reconfiguring offices as per standard options
- Breakout to office as approved by REWS, and office desk orientation flip
10. Moving small appliances
- Microwave, toaster, kettle, 3 high cabinets and light weight furniture between buildings as required.
- If not possible coordinate with move vendor
11. Delivering and ordering replacement keys from the mailroom.
12. Deploying ergonomic furniture as requested
- Delivery of chairs, and modifications
- Monitor arms, install sit stand desks/removal of furniture based on ergonomic reports.
13. Switching out key barrels on cabinet locks when required.
14. Assisting the mail room, print shop and central records as necessary for large tasks that require additional resources.
15. Assisting with volunteer activities
- Setting up tables and chairs for lobby events
16. Service Now ticket management
- Responding to tickets within 24 hours ( with notes in the tickets, closing and transferring ticket as required).
17. Archibus Space tool
- Updating Archibus with chair requirements, office configurations, ergo items, keyboard tray, CPU holder, lamp, fan.
18. Performs monthly and quarterly preventative Maintenance as scheduled in Archibus Building Maintenance
19. Picks up, order supplies as needed with company credit card
- Paint, filters, Amazon, G&T, etc.
20. Maintain parkade storage and paper storage rooms within client’s Central offices.
- Items should be inventoried, and inventory list maintained as supplies added or removed.
21. Escort Vendors as required
- Book loading dock through office space, Vendor must be checked in WPS records that they are security cleared if accessing the space unattended
- Obtain approval for restricted space.
22. Contacting Vendors as needed for
- Chair cleaning, submitting building maintenance requests
23. SE office
- Action tickets as submitted weekly/bi-weekly through Service Now
- fix chairs, install whiteboard/corkboards, chair organization, other items as required
24. EH office space
- Action tickets as submitted for this location
Qualifications & Requirements
-Customer service experience
-Corporate etiquette/professional environment experience
-Attention to detail
-Basic computer skills, must be able to email and navigate a ticketing system
-Individuals must come with their own basic repair tools, cell phone & steel toe boots
-ServiceNow experience is nice to have but will train.
All safety requirements and best practices must be adhered to as per the client’s guidelines. The client’s standards are at Best Practice; the expectations of our contractors are the same as our employees.
1. Safe lifting practices must be upheld
- Ensuring proper tools are used to limit injury
- Ramps for vehicles for loading heavy items, skateboards, dolly's, straps, lifting belts, etc.
2. Security clearance required every 2 years.
3. Insurance carried as per the clients requirements
- proof must be provided and renewed upon expiry of current documents.
4. Damages to items due to extreme negligence will be deducted from invoice amount/pay or will be reimbursed to the client if pursued and claimed through insurance company.
5. All the required personal protective equipment must be worn at all times
- steel-toed boots or shoes, eye protection, masks or visors when cutting or drilling
6. Candidates follow and complete the clients Safety Orientation and Life Safety Rules.
Items Provided by the Client
The following items are provided by the client at no charge to maintenance personnel during their course of employment and are to be returned and will be suspended should the contract expire or be terminated.
- Workstation with a chair, laptop, monitors, keyboard, and mouse.
- Storage space for tools and equipment
- Access cards to all areas required
- Reimbursement for purchases pertaining to the client’s requirements i.e., ceiling tiles, batteries, coat hooks, double-sided tape, paint, etc.
Personal Vehicle Use & Expense for Business Purposes
Parking is not included, mileage and Uber expenses between office spaces can be expensed in an invoice