20750 Marilla Street
Job Number: 397494
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is a nationally recognized professional staffing and recruiting firm that is currently looking for a Facility Supervisor with 3-5 years’ experience. This is a Direct job opportunity with an Electronics company in Chatsworth, CA.
- Perform day to day operations of repair and maintenance of the facilities.
- Assist in maintaining and performing preventive maintenance procedures.
- Assist in maintaining cleanliness of process and maintenance department areas.
- Ensure facility adheres to all applicable building codes, safety and environmental regulations.
- Manage/oversee subcontracted facilities and equipment maintenance.
- Manage the allocation of spare parts inventory.
- Assist in coordination of regular calibration of equipment and instrumentation as it applies to various equipment.
- Follow all safety procedures, policies, guidelines and use best judgment regarding safety first issues/concerns.
- Interface with personnel from applicable Federal, State and Local regulatory agencies.
- Ensure accuracy of paperwork and timely submittal of paperwork to accounting.
- 3-5 years of experience as a maintenance mechanic working with PLC, Hydraulic and manufacturing machinery.
- Required to speak, read and write English.
- Experience with Lockout/Tag Out Procedures preferred
- Must be able to climb ladders, ride in scissor lift, man lift at heights up to 35’ off of the floor to go on the roof and use a ladder and use a ladder and trap door.
- Regularly life and/or move up 25 pounds; frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Working knowledge of maintenance items such as electrical, plumbing, HVAC and general maintenance items required for proper facilities support and operation.
- Working knowledge of programmed logical controllers (PLC) and their application.
- Understanding of statistical measurements, including SPC, CPK, DOE, etc.
- Ability to read, interpret and work from schematics and blueprints.
- Ability to effectively communicate with management and operators.
- High School diploma or equivalent is beneficial.
- College courses in related chemical or environmental subjects and experience in maintenance related fields is advantageous.
- Exposure to computing. (i.e.: PLC’s, Windows, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Will be exposed to chemicals, dust, temperature extremes and high noise levels in accordance with state and local laws.
- May be required to wear a respirator.
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- May be required to work in a clean room environment.
- May be required to remain on call during some portion of off shift hours, to work off shift hours and overtime.
- May be required to perform other job duties besides primary job duties.
- Must wear personal protective equipment and/or appropriate attire as job requirements dictate.
- May be required to operate a fork truck (lift).
- Will be required to move 55 gallon drums and other containers of chemicals using proper lifting and accepted moving methods including the use of material handling equipment.