1155 Troutwine Rd
Job Function: Engineering
Job Number: 398697
Johnson Service Group (JSG)l is currently seeking a Field Inspector / Survey Technician to assist with utility joint use projects with our client in Crown Point, IN.
The position requires basic knowledge in commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures in electrical, mechanical, or civil/structural engineering environments and will rely on standards and pre-established guidelines to perform the scope of the job.
The ability to review, learn and apply policies, and a good work ethic is a must.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Visually identify, inspect, and record equipment and different situations in the field
- Apply local standards
- Communicate with others, including co-workers and clients, to agree on the best solution
- Can transcribe notes, use measuring devices to identify, inspect, and record the data which is found
- Can endure frequent driving, standing, walking, navigating (on foot or in a vehicle), and balancing objects which may weigh up to 20 pounds
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions and in residential, commercial, and industrial areas
- Will be in the field as well as an office
- Will be required to attend meetings at clients’ sites
- Associates degree with preferred focus in Engineering, Engineering technology or related field. Interest in fieldwork, surveying, or equivalent experience in related fieldwork
- Knowledge of construction and planning procedures
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings/schematics
- Must be an organized person who can keep data organized from start to finish on a project
- Ability to prioritize work on multiple projects
- Computer proficiency including general office products, design, and business enterprise software
- Effective written and oral communication
- Reasoning skills and ability to solve practical problems
- Must have dependable transportation and a valid driver’s license with insurance
- Must be able to pass a fit for duty test
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.