Job Function: Engineering
Job Number: 399762
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is currently looking for a Health & Safety Consultant with construction of data centers experience. This is a contract opportunity with a leading provider of innovative Quality, Environmental, Health, and Safety Management Solutions for a wide range of industries across the globe with a project in Ashburn VA.
Pay between $65/hour and $75/hour
As a Health and Safety Consultant, you will play a vital role in ensuring compliance with both local and international regulations, this role involves the planning, implementation, and coordination of programs designed to mitigate or eradicate occupational injuries and illnesses within a specific operational region, area or at the company level.
- Develop, implement, and maintain Health and Safety programs, procedures, and policies to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Conduct regular inspections, audits, risk assessments and identify potential hazards in the workplace, providing recommendations for mitigation measures.
- Provide expert advice and guidance to management and personnel on Health and Safety matters.
- Monitor and analyse HSE performance metrics, prepare reports, and present findings to management.
- Stay up to date with relevant HSE regulations and industry standards and ensure timely compliance with any changes.
- Conduct regular audits and inspections to identify non-compliance issues and implement corrective actions.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation related to Health and Safety activities, including incident reports, training records, and permits.
- Assist in the development and implementation of emergency response plans and conduct drills to test their effectiveness.
- Participate in Health and Safety committees and engage with regulatory agencies as necessary.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Certified Safety Professional, OSH500, CHST or equivalent certification is mandatory.
- 07 – 10 years of experience in Health and Safety roles, preferably within the Construction, Data Centre industry, Oil & Gas is necessary.
- Strong construction background along with Health and Safety is a necessary.
- Client-side Data Centre experience is highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in occupational health and safety or a related field.
- Proficient in using MS Office and systems for data management and reporting.
Johnson Service Group, Inc. (JSG) is a North American leader in the staffing and consulting services industry, with over 35 years of experience investing in people and companies.
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.