Job Function: Engineering
Job Number: 397930
Johnson Service Group (JSG), a nationally recognized recruiting firm is assisting our global manufacturing client in finding a direct hire, Industrial Engineer near Richmond, VA. This position is responsible for driving lean and continuous improvement activities while optimizing production processes in the Smart Power facility.
Onsite Position in Richmond, VA | Our client is unable to provide current or future sponsorship
- Build plant lean culture by influencing, collaborating, and communicating with all levels of employees.
- Develop and execute projects to design and improve new and existing production processes.
- Apply Design for Six Sigma (DFSS), Manufacturing (DFM), Assembly (DFA), and Reliability (DFR) tools.
- Deploy and implement re-layout of the production lines.
- Evaluate production line balance, provide takt time, routings, production tools and collect data on production stops, and analyze root causes of productivity and ROTD loss and implement corrective actions.
- Work with Material, Production, and process teams to support and develop new assembly processes.
- Value Stream Mapping for processes and eliminate process waste.
- Implement and execute 6S programs, Kaizen events, Root cause analysis.
- Mentor, train, and motivate new team members through training initiatives.
- Track and resolve prioritized task and cost out projects in a timely manner.
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop technical documentation.
- Achieve highest safety levels in the plant.
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering
- 5+ years’ experience in lean manufacturing or operations.
- Experience using CAD/ProE/Windchill/SAP.
- Knowledge of value stream mapping, one-piece flow, Kaizen, Gemba, 6S, and other lean tools.
- Prior experience with production processes (Layout, Automation, Lean projects).
- Our client is unable to provide current or future sponsorship.
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.