Job Function: Manufacturing
Job Number: 393134
Johnson Service Group is seeking a Junior Electrical Tester for our client in the greater Columbia, MO area. The position will be responsible for the testing of power equipment with a growth track to industrial electrician. Relocation is available!
Associates Degree in Electrical Field or Mechatronics Required
Shifts: 2nd & 3rd Available
- Responsible for proper use and maintenance of required personal safety protective equipment and understanding proper hazardous material usage.
- Check material/units to assure receipt and completion according to specifications.
- Check unit data card, entering in new/modified test data in operator console.
- Operate power conveyor to load equipment into test stations.
- Observe console to recognize/react to abnormal actions and alarms. Check pre-test steps, retest and/or make trouble check on units that fail any automatic test, communicating issues as needed.
- Disconnect leads, remove adapters, and tag unit if failed. Record and/or initial processing data or test results according to prescribed procedures for defective test.
- Perform tests including impulse, temperature rise, sound, copper loss, power factor, resistance, and iron loss on various sizes of equipment, booths, and generators.
- Perform requested tests as required by capacity, impulse, or overload. Work under engineering personnel direction regarding instrumentation, power supplies, board connections and special conditions.
- Associates in Electronics/Electrical Engineering or related field
- Availability work 2nd or 3rd shift
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.