16313 Dale Mabry Hwy
Job Number: 399416
Johnson Service Group is recruiting a LEAD ENGINEER - SYSTEM PROTECTION for a great client of ours in Tampa, FL. This position is 100% on site and a direct hire role.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- The Lead Engineer is responsible for providing direction to technical personnel in the performance of projects and duties related to transmission and generation protection in order to ensure efficient, safe and reliable services for all facilities and applicable facilities.
- Manage work assignments requiring highly developed professional judgment of System Protection design, settings and implementation.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited institution is required. Advanced degree in engineering or business preferred.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of progressively responsible experience in electric power utility, specifically in the field of transmission and generation system protection.
- Professional registration as an engineer in Florida or an advanced degree in engineering or business may substitute for one (1) year experience.
- Transmission/Substation/Generation System Protection
- System Protection Communication
- Fault Analysis using ASPEN and/or PSSCAPE
- Transmission and Generation Relay Setting principles
- Capital and expense budget
- National Electric Code, Safety Codes, OSHA Rules, and appropriate Florida and RUS standards and rules
- NERC Protection and Control (PRC) and Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) Standards
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Prepares and/or supervises/peer reviews transmission and generation system protection designs and settings
- Oversees all transmission devices applicable to the NERC PRC standards and ensures the devices/settings are being reviewed and meeting the compliance requirements
- Reviews and verifies protection schematics and relay elementary diagrams
- Develops system protection standards and philosophy for transmission and generation assets
- Develops project specifications and participates/evaluates bid proposals, recommends apparent successful bidder and assembles presentation data for Executive Staff and Board action as required
- Plans, organizes and supports the work of departmental personnel to maximize performance and individual development to ensure effective teamwork and employee contribution in the fulfillment of departmental goals and objectives within budget
- Represents Seminole on applicable SERC and FRCC technical committees relating to protection and control
- Collaborates with generation owners on projects impacting applicable system protection devices
- Provides input to annual performance reviews and sets goals for assigned personnel, in coordination with their Manager
- Approves work orders, purchase orders, budgeted items and general administrative items, within limitations of budget, policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as applicable to the position or as assigned
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.