2415 W. Corporate Center Drive
Job Function: Manufacturing
Job Number: 396389
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is a nationally recognized professional staffing and recruiting firm that is currently looking for a Machinist with 5-10 year’s experience. This is a Direct opportunity with a Electronic Sensors Company in Phoenix, AZ
Might have to train in CA
Salary: $26.00 HR
The Class A General Machinist utilizes parts, prints, drawings or engineering information in order to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to fabricate prototype components, jigs and fixtures within set tolerances.
Skills and Requirements:
- Setup and operation of manual machinery such as lathes, mills, drill presses and surface grinders.
- Demonstrate knowledge of working properties of common metals.
- Select standard materials and equipment required for the job.
- Machining of complex precision parts to close specifications.
- Aligning and securing of holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories and materials onto machines.
- Work well with leads of various company departments including engineering, weld shop, assembly and machine shop.
- Provide training to lower level machinists
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace.
- Must have basic machinist hand tools - micrometers, calipers etc.;
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Applicant must be ITAR compliant
- Able to read and comprehend prints, engineering drawings and information in order to determine methods and sequences needed for completion
- Proficient knowledge of all machining equipment operations
- Manual dexterity to safely and proficiently utilize precision equipment, construct moderate to complex set-ups
- Able to work independently within established procedures associate within job function
- Good communication skills
- Ability to read, write and follow written and verbal instruction in English
- Ability to work well with only a modest amount of repeated instructions
- Be team oriented and possess flexibility and adaptability
- Conduct himself/herself in a business-like and civil manner