3251 Beacon Boulevard
Job Function: Training
Job Number: 399563
Johnson Service Group is looking for a Manager of Training for a Member Services organization. Must have education background. Serving as part of the management team this person will assist with researching, developing, implementing strategies for resource development, technology, new education resources and content. Will develop and manage the department’s Annual Education Conference (AEC) planning committees. Will manage the development of training and conference content and manage the Association’s learning management system and eLearning course curriculum, creating training and conference promotion and materials development.
- Ensure that the values, mission, and strategic vision of Client are evident through all aspects of Client’s content programing and contributions to marketing collateral and publications.
- Manage the sessions and content in developing training and conference course sessions, professional development sessions, and assists in selecting keynote speakers.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of a wide range of training methods, techniques, and formats.
- Regularly performs significant and recurring administrative and managerial tasks with high degree of initiative, independence, and with great attention to detail on numerous projects.
- Participates in the implementation and management of events and meetings by conducting regular planning meetings and maintaining established timelines.
- Provides overall communication management including marketing copy, proofing, reviewing, formatting, editing and a broad scope of correspondence, particularly in communication with Association members, Client staff, and committees.
- Conduct follow-up trainer, faculty, and speaker management.
- Conduct research to ensure course content for trainings and conference is current and applicable.
- Provides leadership while facilitating meetings with all levels of stakeholders, conference, and training planning committees.
- Implement program management methods to track content development cycles, event management, evaluation of programs, and outcomes.
- Oversee processes, meetings, and content related to training and conference registration, housing, and related applications.
- Educate Client members in activities to ensure discipline-specific programming are in place at trainings and the AEC conference. Coordinate Client staff in the implementation and management of the trainings and conference by conducting regular conference planning meetings and maintaining the master timeline.
- Work with the Client Communications Department on training, conference outreach, and publications.
- Work with the Client staff to detail space layout, AV equipment, food, and beverage, and manage all onsite aspects of the training and AEC conference program in coordination with the conference team.
- Lead staff meetings in the evaluation of the AEC conference and ensure follow-up on identified improvement needs.
- Administers, maintains, and supports the Association’s learning management system operations.
- Develops, implements, and manages eLearning courses, including multimedia content, assessments, and reports.
- Collaborates with instructional designers and subject matter experts to design and develop effective eLearning courses.
- Ensures all courses are designed to meet industry standards and are accessible and usable by all learners.
- Develops and maintains documentation and procedures for the LMS, including user guides, best practices, and FAQs.
- Monitors and analyzes the effectiveness of eLearning courses and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Stays current with industry trends and best practices, making recommendations for updates and improvements to the LMS as needed.
- Troubleshoots technical issues related to the LMS and provides support to end users.
- Attends and participates in professional group meetings; stays abreast of new trends and innovations in assigned field.
- Travel throughout the State of California for trainings and AEC conference related business.
- Reads and demonstrates an understanding and adherence to Client values, policies, and practices.
- Demonstrates respect, honesty, and professionalism always.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This position may be required to manage and direct other staff, with the responsibility of overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of those roles.
Salary starting at $70k DOE
- Any combination of training and experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree or higher with major coursework in education or education policy, marketing, public relations, business administration, public administration, or related field and five (5) years of experience in education or education policy, marketing, project management, or related field.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in learning and development or with LMS administration
- Possession of, or ability to, obtain a valid California Driver’s license by time of appointment.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of events and training program development, management, implementation, review, analysis, and evaluation. Able to lead committees and teams.
- Familiar with the principles and practices of budget development and administration, sound financial management policies and procedures and practices of contract administration.
- Knowledge of Learning Management Systems and Instructional design principles, able to evaluate and provide recommendations.
- Knowledge of research and reporting methods, techniques, and procedures.
- Familiar with sources of information related to a broad range of education policy and programs especially recent and on-going developments, and current literature,
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and local laws, regulatory codes, ordinances, and procedures relevant to assigned area of responsibility.
- Knowledge of School Board governance or policies, and public relations and marketing techniques
- Familiar with modern office practices, methods, and computer equipment and applications record keeping principles and procedures.
- Good command of English; grammar, spelling, vocabulary, and punctuation.
- Able to provide a high level of customer service by effectively dealing with the public, vendors, contractors, and Association staff.
- Comfortable working with diverse populations.
- Able to work some evenings and weekends. Occasional regional and national travel will be required.
- Must maintain confidentiality around sensitive and complex relationships and projects.
- Able to plan and prepare event and training program schedules, staffing schedules, reports, and other related materials.
- Able to research, analyze, and evaluate new service delivery methods, procedures, and techniques.
- Will establish and maintain a variety of filing, record keeping, and tracking systems.
- Able to organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner; organize own work, set priorities, and meet critical time deadlines.
- Ability to operate and maintain modern office equipment, including computer equipment and specialized software applications programs.
- Use tact, initiative, prudence, and independent judgment within general policy, procedural and legal guidelines.
- Establish, maintain, and foster positive and effective working relationships with those contacted while performing duties and responsibilities.
- Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and use standard office equipment, including a computer; vision to read printed materials and computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person, and over the telephone; must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, reach, push and pull drawers open and closed in the execution of duties.
- Must be able to sit at computer for long periods of time and have the dexterity to access, enter, and retrieve data using a computer keyboard or calculator, and operate standard office equipment.
- Employee must possess the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull materials and objects weighing up to 25 pounds, hand truck available to assist.
- Travel to various training, workshops, and meeting sites required.
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.