575 Cottonwood Drive
Job Function: Engineering
Job Number: 399724
Johnson Service group is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer for one of our Contract Manufacturing Clients in the Bar Area. This person would Support manufacturing/production floor activities; Tracks and executes the build process through the manufacturing floor. New product layout and manufacturing instruction development and implementation. Performs data collection to drive continuous process and equipment improvement and root cause corrective actions.
- Take direction from and/or works with the Program Manager on a product or customer related activities (For example the program manager will assign tasks or project activities to the Manufacturing Engineer)
- Interface with customers to understand requirements and criteria to ensure meeting customer expectations
- Generate Pre- and Post- DfA/DfM analyses and reports for the product. (for example, Developing competency with Valor system to create DfX reports on an as needed basis) Recommends engineering design changes as needed
- Review and approve NPI preparation process (such as MPI, tooling, SAP production engineering module, etc.)
- Support production floor from pilot run up to mass production, includes troubleshoots and corrects issues as needed. Instructs, helps, guides, and mentors technicians and operators in support of production floor.
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing and assembly processes and methods to obtain maximum productivity levels
- Performs data collection to drive continuous process and equipment improvement and root cause corrective actions
- Identifies and implements cost reduction
- Lean manufacturing, ISO, etc.
- Value stream maps
- Production floor layout
- TAKT Time Study
- Perform DOE (Design of Experiment)
- Review and analyze product yield
- Support and/or responsible to address all relevant engineering root cause analyses
- Support and/or generate process control plans and Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis (PFMEA)
- Provides global support for other company plants
- Makes capital equipment recommendations
- Assists with the development of new automated processes using available hardware and software
- Prepares activity reports and other data input as required
- Seven (7) years of Manufacturing or Process Engineering experience in a contract manufacturing environment of PCBA and mechanical assemblies
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- All or some of this experience:
- Product Documentation (such as BOM, drawing, work instructions, product standard)
- Soldering Process
- Value Stream Map
- MTM (Method of Time Measurement)
- Ergonomic Studies
- CAM Software (CAM 350, AUTOCAD, CAMCAD, Valor System, ProE, Solid Works, Etc.)
- Ability to use common sense to solve practical problems.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret schematics, technical procedures, and various reports
- Ability to keep accurate documentation
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers and employees, interface with other departments and customers as necessary
- Develop and maintain courteous and effective working relationships with clients, vendors, and representatives of external organizations
- Solid decision-making skills.
- Possess strong communication, coaching, listening, and interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to individuals from multi-cultural backgrounds and build trusting relationships to gain support and achieve results at all levels within the organization
- Possess conflict resolution skills and the ability to apply techniques at all levels of the organization
- Must be self-directed, dependable, and motivated with excellent relationship and time management skills
- Demonstrated effective leadership abilities required
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Experience leading teams and projects
- Expertise in Theory of Constraints
- Experience managing customer commit process
- Experience supporting Quality Management Systems (ISO), Lean and Customer Satisfaction
- Expertise in root cause analysis, problem solving, decision making and project management
Rate starting at $100k, depending on experience
- Proficient with MRP systems and Microsoft Office Suite, including intermediate to advanced knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, Access, and Excel.
- Strong, effective organizational skills required; detail oriented; ability to multitask.
- Available to work the days and hours necessary to perform all assigned responsibilities
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.