3151 N Kenwood St
Job Number: 398244
Johnson Service Group is seeking a MFG Engineer in Burbank CA with 5 years experience for an Electronics company.
The Manufacturing Engineer works with all manufacturing departments to develop manufacturing processes and quality capabilities. Is responsible for evaluating problems as they arise or before, and then coordinates the implementation of corrective actions as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Initiates Engineering Change Requests that improve productivity and/or reduce cost
• Identifies items or processes requiring pre-production runs before committing production demands
• Identifies and resolves tooling issues related to Company owned tooling
- Coordinates and resolves technical issues related to suppliers
• Works with suppliers to complete and submit deviation requests (SRMR's) to design engineering
- Resolves process and quality issues before they impact flow of production activities
• Performs other related duties as required and assigned
- Works with suppliers to review supplier corrective actions before submission to Quality Department with the purpose of avoiding non-value added activities.
Education and Experience
- BS degree preferred in Manufacturing Engineering, Operations or similar discipline
- 5 to 1O+ years ' experience in manufacturing engineering or Supplier Development experience including, application of Lean manufacturing principles, work flow, process improvements and root cause problem solving
- Must have experience in hydraulic, electro-mechanical or electronic systems
- Must have working knowledge of machining techniques and processes
- Capable of using SPC methods & techniques along with experience leading and participating in cross-functional teams.
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.