25200 W. Rye Canyon Road
Job Function: Engineering - Mechanical
Job Number: 397469
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is seeking a talented Mechanical Designer/Engineer to provide design engineering support for hydraulic actuation systems, and related similar products for aerospace, defense and commercial applications.
Scope of Experience and Responsibilities:
- 4-5 years+ of experience in mechanical engineering system and component design.
- Will create detail designs, including, dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Proficient with Creo, and Unigraphics experience is a plus.
- Expertise with the design of commercial and defense hydraulic actuation systems is a plus, but not required.
- Ability to analyze tooling needs and provide recommendations.
- May create and maintain BOMs, and release drawings.
- Use and knowledge of FEA and DFSS tools, methodologies and quality systems is a plus.
- Knowledge of engineering quality systems, including PLC, engineering change and configuration management.
- May review manufacturing processes, work with drawings, and geometric dimensioning and tolerances.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in a Mechanical Engineering or a related technical discipline is a plus.
- Associates Degree in Engineering is a plus., in lieu of a BSME or similar degree.
Duration of Employment: 6 months to 1 year+
Work Location/Schedule: Santa Clarita, CA for 2 months, followed by a Hybrid schedule
Compensation: $55.00 - $72.00 per hour (DOE)
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.