Job Function: Engineering
Job Number: 398877
JSG is looking for a Mechanical Development Engineer to join the team in Simsbury, CT.
- Understand and apply basic electrical applications to ensure mechanical designs are suitable for product integration.
- Apply expertise in the area of mechanical design of Electronics Packaging towards design of electronics enclosures and/or Circuit Card Assemblies, for commercial and military applications.
- Mechanical design, development, and selection of hardware components for electrical assemblies utilizing fundamental mechanical engineering principles, theories, and techniques.
- Perform design of high reliability electronics package enclosures, utilizing 3D CAD tools such as SOLIDWORKS.
- Mechanical Engineer will work directly with other engineers, technicians, managers, and production personnel.
- Utilize working and analytical knowledge of various mechanical engineering techniques associated with form, fit, and function in specified operational environments.
- Regular communication with other engineers and technicians is necessary to promote a close-knit, flexible, and highly adaptive engineering team.
- The successful candidate must have a BS/MS in an engineering discipline (mechanical preferred) and a minimum of 4 years of experience in product design of defense and/or aerospace products.
- Expertise in Electronic packing design, Mechanical design development of Electromechanical products while managing constraints in space, time, cost, manufacturing, structural integrity, and thermal loads
- Electrical Connector selection and design
- Cable harness design or section
- Demonstrated experience generating 3D solid models & 2D drawings (SolidWorks preferred)
- Capable of applying GD&T, ASME/ANSI standards and understanding how it effects part cost and manufacturing
- Have working knowledge and understanding of tolerance analysis/studies
- Tooling and Fixturing design
- Materials selection and process specification
- Ability to apply customer requirements and government/military specifications to new product designs
- Experience with using Production Preparation Process (3P) Lean principles
- Demonstrated competency in problem solving and root cause analysis
- Efficiently organize and plan work tasks to meet company goals
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills for interaction with various levels of management and customers
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.