2415 W. Corporate Center Drive
Job Function: Engineering
Job Number: 397834
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is a nationally recognized professional staffing and recruiting firm that is currently looking for a Mechanical Project Engineer with 5-6 years’ experience. This is a Direct job opportunity with an Sensors company in Phoenix, AZ
Provide design engineering and project management for airborne and industrial sensor products. Functions include design, product development, project management, customer technical support and regulatory compliance.
- 3D-Design of electro-mechanical and MEMS type piezoresistive switches, sensors, transmitters and accessories used on airborne and industrial fluid power and pneumatic equipment systems
- Provide sustaining engineering (Engineering Change Order and Engineering Change Request) for existing sensors, castings, parts, and accessories.
- Review existing and new customer specifications in order to develop technical proposals to meet their requirements.
- Prototyping and testing to verify the operational performance of new or improved designs
- Prepare technical reports and other documents as needed
- Participate in customer design reviews
- Create detailed 3d parts, part drawings, and assemblies for new designs using Solidworks or similar 3D software.
- Research new vendors for hardware and outside processes applicable to new product(s) requirements.
- Create new processes and design practices applicable to new product(s).
- Collaborate with peers, machine shop, and manufacturing engineers to improve efficiency and reduce component costs in development and production.
Skills and Requirements:
- Applicant must be ITAR compliant
- BSME, BSAE or equivalent technical degree
- 3-5 years’ experience in design engineering of mechanical or electro-mechanical products
- Proficient knowledge of SolidWorks or similar software.
- Proficient knowledge of ANSI Y14.5M Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing
- Working knowledge of basic analytical engineering tools such as Force, Pressure, Stress Analysis, FMEA, and Design of Experiments
- Experience with test software like: Labview or MatLab
- Experience in designing pressure switches, sensors, valves or actuators is a plus
- Mechanical skills using small hand tools or machining equipment is a plus
- Excellent organization and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player
- Ability to handle day-to-day work challenges; Manage multiple tasks and competing demands
- Committed to attaining quality results on time
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.