300 Austin Blvd.
Job Function: Manufacturing
Job Number: 398818
Non-Destruct Test Tech, Specialist Principal Accountabilities
- Efficiently with little to no assistance: Perform ultrasonic and eddy current testing of a wide variety of complex structural members, safety of flight items, both critical and noncritical, to detect internal defects.
- Inspect metallic and nonmetallic materials, parts and assemblies for defects using automated and manual methods and techniques including ultrasonic, penetrant, eddy current and any new technology that’s required.
- Evaluate data and characterize all anomalies utilizing NDT methods and record all non-conformances.
- Refer any problems to higher classification Non-Destruct Test personnel or Supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Keep own work area clean and orderly.
- Train and assist employees as needed.
Experience & Other Requirements
This role is 100% onsite at a Union facility.
- Must be a US Citizen or a Permanent Resident (i.e., ‘Green Card Holder’) per ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations) guidelines.
- This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship or a foreign person per ITAR.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 6+ years of experience.
- Must be qualified to the Ultrasonic certification requirements of NAS 410 Rev 5.
- Must be able to read, interpret, and evaluate ultrasonic A/B/C scan data.
- The candidate will be proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Should have an understanding of engineering principles & practices such as reading engineering drawings, interpreting customer and internal NDT specifications.
- Strong mechanical aptitude, great attention to detail and exceptional communication skills.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
- Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.