16313 Dale Mabry Hwy
Job Function: Administrative
Job Number: 398513
Johnson Service Group is recruiting a Corporate Paralegal for a great client of ours in Tampa, FL. This will be a 6-month plus contract with a strong opportunity for extensions.
The Corporate Paralegal will report to the Vice President and General Counsel (GC) as well as the Director of Legal Services and Assistant General Counsel (Assistant GC) and will act as the lead support to counsel and liaise to business units and departments, outside counsel, and third parties.
Core responsibilities include:
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Gathering, preparing, and summarizing relevant materials for use by legal counsel;
- Assisting with the collection, processing, review, and production of electronic data from internal and external resources;
- Leading strategic and tactical corporate legal initiatives;
- Conducting legal research and factual investigations;
- Managing and maintaining data in legal software platform;
- Drafting, tracking, and managing contracts, addendums and other documentations;
- Facilitating business transactions;
- Ensuring corporate compliance;
- Evaluating the effectiveness and efficiency of administrative, operational, and financial management processes
- Working with the Executive Assistant to ensure efficient operation of the department.
Bachelor’s Degree and five (5) years of equivalent experience. Graduate degree preferred.
- Legal research
- Proficiency with litigation technology databases and litigation management tools
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Effective verbal/nonverbal, listening skills and written communications
- Ability to interact with people at all levels of the corporate structure as well as with outside counsel
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- • Ability to prioritize multiple competing priorities
- Strong multi-tasking, proofreading, attention to detail and organizational abilities
- Proactive member of the legal team assisting in the timely intake and response to internal client requests, distribution, and collection of documents for review
- Assists with drafting and editing of various legal documents, including contracts, memoranda, and correspondence
- Track and maintain company contracts, corporate notices, discovery requests, real estate and finance documents from client teams
- Submits purchase requisitions
- Prepare notices and other supporting documentation for Board of Trustees meetings for Board of Trustees’ Committee and Board meetings. Coordinate the preparation of appropriate notices, agendas, minutes, and other supporting documentation.
- Conducts legal research
- Monitors attorney calendars for meeting preparation & deliverables
- Serves as department liaison for internal and external customers
- Assists with transaction closings (incl. loans, property sales & acquisitions, and easements)
- Assists with preparation and submittal of annual financial audit responses
- Processes outside counsel invoices for approval by GC or Assistant GC
- Reconciles P-Card statements with receipts
- Maintains department files and board books
- Works with Executive Assistant to optimize department efficiency; assumes Executive Assistant’s duties in their absence, as needed (e.g., monthly goals report, calendar maintenance, travel arrangements, supply orders, et al.)
- Performs other duties as applicable to the position or as assigned
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.