501 Del Norte Blvd
Job Function: Engineering
Job Number: 398739
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is a nationally recognized professional staffing and recruiting firm that is currently looking for a Principle Engineer with 5 years’ experience. This is a Direct job opportunity with a Aerospace company in Oxnard, CA.
This position is responsible for leading, coordinating and exercising technical authority for planning, integration and completion of assigned engineering projects within the aerospace valves product for the organization. This individual will be considered a subject matter expert and will oversee product design and development, compliance to customer product specifications, technical plans, product qualification, issuing reports, and production support while providing technical leadership for the team to achieve these goals.
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Review of all OEM product designs, this person is considered the technical guru of the design group.
- Develop new ideas and submit patent disclosures to enhance the IP of the company.
- Continuously improve the design methodology of the department. Responsible for the content of the design manual keeping it a living document. Challenge standard practices to determine opportunities for improvement.
- Determine & develop "best practices" of in-house design and analysis tools.
- Define the engineering skills and assemble the technical resources into a cohesive team needed to complete OEM projects.
- Analyze and interpret technical contracts / proposal specifications for products or systems. Identifies technical risks for new OEM projects to management.
- Prepare technical responses to proposals and RFQ's.
- When required, provides engineering consultation to manufacturing and customer field problems.
- Oversees and approves design changes, drawing releases and engineering change orders.
- Technical mentoring of junior level engineers to guide them in their engineering development.
- Must function autonomously with little day-to-day supervision